• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Taylor_

Sergeant
41 Badges
Sep 26, 2018
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
Witness the Japanese co-prosperity sphere globe. You've seen tall games, but this is super tall.
  • 7048 development across 48 stated provinces.
  • The highest developed province is 171, the lowest developed stated province is 141.
  • 81 tributaries dutifully providing me with an extra 490 mana per year.
  • Nearly every nation in the world paying tribute to our greatness. No disloyal subjects.
  • 4.3k income. 1m army force limit, 2227 naval force limit. Dominating world trade from Japan with nearly 2000 lightships.
  • Producing insane amounts of goods to the effect that only 1 dyes province produces over half of the world's supply at 34.96 goods produced.
  • It's currently 1707 - if I continued to 1823 I'd estimate an additional 5280 development for a total of 12,328 development across 48 stated provinces.
The trick is being Muslim and Andalusian culture or Catholic and any other Iberian culture, then maintaining exactly 50% stated development between the previous culture and another. To set this up you'll want to develop and culture convert some provinces to ensure they remain even after the following steps. You assign a holy order (50 points) to give each province in the state 1 development. After you assign orders to all states, you culture shift to the non-Iberian culture to remove the holy order (you keep the development), wait for the month tick, then culture shift back to assign holy orders again and repeat.

The conventional strategy for playing tall by stacking development cost modifiers can make development cheaper than this, but only for a limited amount. Using holy orders across 13 states and 48 provinces resulted in 17.7 mana per development, regardless of terrain or existing development.

r/eu4 - SUPER TALL Japan; 7048 dev in 48 provinces

Check out that city sprawl! If only two of my provinces were independent, they would make #3 great power, lol.

Could have made everyone a tributary, but it got to a point of playing cat and mouse by losing tributaries whom are allied to the nation you attack. Also nations max out giving 12 mana/month and some of these are way over the threshold, so ideally they would be broken up a bit, but it would be very annoying (due to previous reason and them eating each other back up) and possibly inefficient due to costs of releasing.

Two perfectly balanced cultures is the trick. The highest dev province that isn't mine is Constantinople at 55, which appears as a dull orange in the development map mode, washed out by Japan's glorious green.

With only a single province of dyes - which has 34.96 goods produced - I produce over half of the world's dye.

I have a couple of provinces scattered around the world used for making tributaries (border connections), but many aren't centers of trade as I hadn't originally intended on keeping them. Yet with 1887 lightships, I dominated global trade from my island. Nippon itself has double the value of the next highest node (English Channel) and funnily enough, 449/542 of the trade value in Nippon is produced locally.

So, Japan dominates the world economically? Interesting...