• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Dunno if this was caught, but in the "armored bow" section, it says it can withstand "alot of damage". A lot is two words. Pet peeve makes me cringe every time.

I'm thinking the ships could do with a few more weapon points (like 50% more), it might make larger desings more appealing since you can stack more firepower on them while making the smaller ships a bit more versatile. The current amount feels so limiting. Also couldn't the larger ships have more slots for defensive weapons?

I was so going to link to the Alot Monster! Gotta love the Oatmeal.
That's not The Oatmeal at all. Look at the link.

- Let me target all my guns at something, instead of one at a time.
- Let me target ships, not just fixed locations.
- Let me tell my guns to stop targeting a previously selected target, and go back to auto-fire.
- I see why drag and drop would be nice on tablets, but it's irritating on PC. At least let us choose whether we drag-and-drop or click twice.
- In shipbuilding mode, give me a stats block for the ship as a whole - I want to see total speed, total HP, etc, not just the modifiers from this one section. This should also include information like burst damage and DPS.
- More customization. A lot more customization. The fact that I don't have any options to change slot layouts besides picking a new class is just silly. I'd love to see a "Turret" section, for example, which costs more points but lets me turret-mount weapons, as well as "offensive", with extra hardpoints. It also feels like the point spread on weapon options is too low - there should be 20-point gun options, not just 110 being the lowest.
- Let me zoom further out.
- Multi-second lag in singleplayer is inexcusable.
- Why is 8000 points the max? That's tiny. I want 50k point battles. (Or at least, I would if controlling my ships wasn't such a headache)
- Let the instinctive keyboard commands PC users use work. If I hit Enter in a popup, I want the popup to go away. If I hit Delete with a turret selected, I want the turret to go away.

Last edited:
That's not The Oatmeal at all. Look at the link.

Ah, I see. Guess I never saw the original source and assumed it was him because the style is so similar, and the "alot of oatmeal" pic.

I really hope they add keyboard commands soon, this game desperately needs them.

In regards to lag, what server are you playing on? I finished the co-op campaign on US1 with two other friends and it was perfect...

Either remove artillery or fix it, its a complete joke and waste of time. Missiles appear to be the only viable choice if you wish to hit something

Depends... in 2v2 mode they can work fine

I'd really like to see a more detailed archive, like top viewed replays, latest replays, sort them by map/players/names etc. and the option to watch a replay at random, maybe even a theatrical mode, where it automagically shows one replay after the other, and zooms in on big hits on ships etc.

Ah, I see. Guess I never saw the original source and assumed it was him because the style is so similar, and the "alot of oatmeal" pic.

I really hope they add keyboard commands soon, this game desperately needs them.

In regards to lag, what server are you playing on? I finished the co-op campaign on US1 with two other friends and it was perfect...

Whatever the default is. It works fine for probably 2/3 of my turns, but the other 1/3 have significant delays. I'll try switching to US and seeing if that helps.

In the Shipyard - The scroll interface for components is not utilizing the space of the menu.

iI3cp68.gif