• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

FrEDa

Deus Vult
98 Badges
Oct 9, 2000
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Diplomacy
  • Deus Vult
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • 200k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
Hi.

I became annoyed when two of my vassals were fighting eachother, and I wanted an option to ask them to stop. As there is none, which is fine and perhaps correct I started wondering if perhaps one could not create an event in which waring vassals are asked to stop. If they don't then perhaps the liege should gain a claim or something like that.

This wouldn't of course be valid if you're a King, and your Duke gets attacked by one of his vassals (since he's the vassal of your vassal) since that's already handled by the game.

I don't know if it's possible yet, but I'm gonna do some research and testing. Anyway, just wanted to post this as a suggestion (correct subforum?).

/F

Correct subforum...

Mmmmh...

You cannot directly make a liege event which trigger if his vassals are at war.

You can make an event for a vassal at war which trigger a liege event OTOH.

But the liege event wouldn't be able to target any of the two vassals in particular anyway to get a claim (see main thread about CK event scripting).

As it is, I don't think that's possible.

Sorry,

Cat

Yes, I came to the same conclusion. Unless something is added (which would be very helpfull in other cases as well).

I noticed there's best_vassal/worst_vassal (by what criteria?) so possibly something could be done with that since it's a 1:1 relationship.

It should be possible to set up a chain of events somehow, to act as confirm messages that your enemy is actually a vassal of your liege. But I fear that would bring a lot of complexity..

A simpler method would be, "Peace is settled due to Liege pressure on both waring parties.." which wouldn't be restricted to the vassals of a single Liege though..

if_vassal and at_war and enemy_same_religion
some short meantime
trigger special event #2 for random_enemy

if_vassal and at_war and enemy_same_religion
peace value = same_religion

Or wait, no that wouldn't work either. Since a triggered event can't have conditions right? Apart from the fact that peace seems to be buggy..

Darn..

/F

That wouldn't work anyway as by doing the peace in #2, if your enemy in #2 is involved in more than one war, he may well do the peace with another than you. :D

I am currently dealing with the same sort of problems...

Cat

I hope you have read that:

http://www.europa-universalis.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2765004#post2765004

FrEDa said:
I noticed there's best_vassal/worst_vassal (by what criteria?) so possibly something could be done with that since it's a 1:1 relationship.

It should be possible to set up a chain of events somehow, to act as confirm messages that your enemy is actually a vassal of your liege. But I fear that would bring a lot of complexity..

And this post http://www.europa-universalis.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2765142#post2765142 explain why it is not really a 1:1 relationship.

Cat

Cat Lord said:
That wouldn't work anyway as by doing the peace in #2, if your enemy in #2 is involved in more than one war, he may well do the peace with another than you. :D

I am currently dealing with the same sort of problems...

Cat

Yes I know.. Johan should really add a variable for triggered events that tells you what entity triggered the event. Would help alot.

Regarding best_vassal, why isn't that a 1:1? I understand that best_vassal can change, but at any specific time, there can only be one best vassal. If we have no meantime, that best_vassal isn't likely to change?

If it's possible to add conditions to triggered events (I think you've said that it's not to MrT regarding Mercs) then we could make a "Check if best_vassal, worst_vassal is at war event" and then trigger a new one.. if we're fast :)

/F

Sorry, I misread you: Yes best_vassal/worst_vassal are a 1:1 relationship. :eek:o

No, if an event it triggered, it is triggered, whatever its own conditions, they are bypassed.

Cat

Last edited: