Suggestion/feedback regarding EU5, the Americas DLC and the end of EU4 - please, take seriously.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MadDoctorScientist

Major
18 Badges
Dec 30, 2019
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
Dearest developers and community,

This suggestion is a tad unusual compared to the ones I normaly do here, but I find it important. Mayhaps more important than all my other ones, except the ones regarding Judaism. So, forgive me if I may sound tacky, but in my defence, this is coming from heart.

When I heard that EU4 may soon be done for I was not in the least pleased with it. Not when there is so much yet to do with the game. I could list all those things, but I assume my frequent posts give an idea. So, that is why I would like to make a very serious suggestion regarding the Americas, the game and EU5 too.

Now, I am aware that if the order to end the game came for the corporate end of things, there is not much one can do. Yet, even if that be the case, I would like to still make the case on why the "America Universalis DLC" should not be done hastely just to "fix minor issues and add minimal flavour". This DLC should be one of the most serious and intense ones ever done. Allow me to elaborte on why.

I take that the good folks at Paradox are aware that Brazil is the second country where people spent most time online, Colombia is the fourth, Argentina the fifth, Chile the sixth, México the eleventh and the U.S.A. the nineteenth. In regards to countries that spend most time playing games, México is the seventh, Brazil the eleventh, Chile the thirteenth, Colombia the sixteenth, and the U.S.A. the twenty first.

In all these countries, the appeal of gaming is as large as in Korea, Japan or whenever. People in the Americas do game, and a lot. Paradox should already have that data, probably from its own players, and if not, that is the reason why I feel the need to point out a promising market is being lost.

The America Universalis DLC has the potential of being the best selling DLC already done, if it is done right and if it is sold right, announced right. If it is done in a way that knows how to appeal to Brazilians, appeal to Americans, appeal to Mexicans, appeal to Canadians, and so on. It is only a matter of knowing what they want and giving it to them, and this has tremenduous potential. So, I am begging of you, make this expansion with the intention of making it a core DLC, one of the fundamental ones, and I swear that, if done right, this may be one of the most prized and best-selling ones yet.

This is worth fighting with the C.E.O. himself over, if need be. The game has been around for an decade, but it is not finished yet. Do not threat it as if it was. So much can yet be done! I am often on the forums doing the best I can to inspire new things, and so are other people. This game can grow at least for a while longer before EU5 becomes unavoidable.

I genuinely love this game, you know. And if it is to end, let it end properly. For our sake and yours too. As I said somewhere else, to this day people are playing decades old Civilization II because that game was done to be the best game it could be. So have been many other classic games that to this day survive with terrible graphics and cluncky mechanics. Let EU4 be the best game it could have possibly have been, and it will live on for decades yet after production is ended.

I said this could get tacky, but patience.

Yours faithfully,

the Mad Doctor

Upvote 0