• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ASlightlyCrispyPierogi

Second Lieutenant
47 Badges
Dec 25, 2016
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Magicka
  • King Arthur II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • March of the Eagles
  • Darkest Hour
Will be Compatible with: WTWSMS 0.9.13
This submod has restarted development, and with the permission of Boristus, is now incorporating the Insular Flavour submod.

Features Planned for the First Release
- Note: Almost all of these are already done. Dynamic De Jure is currently being worked on.
- Rulers of Arreyanu culture now have access to the Riding Grounds cultural building, as well as their own retinue
- Polygamists may now designate their first wife through a targeted decision
- A nice side-effect of this addition is that Insular Christians no longer have to divorce their wives in sequence to be rid of one adulteress​
- Adjustments to laws for Eranshahr/Sub-Roman government:
- Eranshahr/Sub-Roman rulers may now switch to 'advanced' inheritance laws if Centralization is at least High and all Council Laws are in favour of the monarch.
- Enabled inheritance control laws​
- Iranian Christians now have access to a handful of Zoroastrian features (minor titles, enlist paygans under special conditions, parthians may construct Qanats, and probably more things I forgot. It's mainly cultural aspects, like how they already had access to Nowruz.)
- The Sassanid King of Kings now begins the game with the Derafsh Kaviani
- To prevent this from buffing the Sassanids too severely, the standard has had its stats completely reworked (it's also compatible with the Bibliophile mod on Steam)
- Also, I've added Bibliophile's 'Battle Standard' slot for artifacts (to accommodate the reworked Derafsh Kaviani), and to open the door to other artifacts.​
- Narrowed the timeframe for the Plague of Justinian (when set to historical) to 530-550 A.D.
- Minor adjustments to the 00_religions files (Why were Apollo and Yaldabaoth in the Montanist god_names lists? They're just proto-Pentecostals, not Gnostics.)
- The Monastic Order decision 'Donate to Charity' now scales to Income (Scripturally accurate and Mechanically superior)
- Current value range (25-1002) is for testing purposes​
- Beta compatibility with Martial Societies - Orders of Chivalry (separate mod file)
- I would personally suggest disabling Fighter's Guilds, they don't quite fit into Late Antiquity
- All Vanilla Holy Orders (since the original mod maker already did that)
- Order of St. Alban
- Agonistici
- Order of Melchizedek
- Anubis Guard (They were already in, made things easy)
- Horus Guard (Ditto)
- Don't expect custom art assets, I have next to no artistic talent.​
- Frankish Flavor
- Former of Frankish Kingdom will receive an event army (disbands on death) to make things rougher for Soissons
- Joyeuse (created in the 8th century for a Christian King of France/West Francia)
- Frankish/French rulers may (over the course of the 7th and 8th centuries) merge Neustria and Orleans into West Francia/France (Pending Dynamic de jure)
- Similarly, Austrasia will become Middle Francia (Pending Dynamic de jure)
- (separate mod file) Split Graphical cultures for Old Frankish/French, so the French stop wearing their ancestral LARPing outfits to battle in the 9th century. (Intended for use with Better Looking Garbs, but will still function otherwise)
- Requires Charlemagne expansion and Horse Lords Content Pack​
- Frankish Elective Succession, intended for early Capetian France/Alternate HRE​
- New Donatist mechanics
- Donatist Christians of less than exemplary character will become Lapsi, allowing their liege/vassals to declare them Anathema, prompting immediate excommunication (along with a negative trait)
- Donatists may now Mortify the Flesh to remove negative traits at the cost of self-injury
- A Donatist ruler that has been Lapsi for an extended period of time will incur invasions, as pious Donatists seek to end their rule
- A Lapsi with zero of the Seven Deadly Sins (and that has engaged in mortification) will have their anathema lifted​
- New Arian Mechanics
- TBA​
- Dynamic De Jure:
- This will take a while.
Credits
- The WtWSMS team for the base mod
- Boristus for the Insular Flavor sub-mod
- The Winter King team for their mod functioning as a handy tutorial on how to do dynamic de jure
- Dragatus and Slifer for the Choose Your First Wife mod https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1407740180 (boy that looks out of place, dunnit?)
- Maal for Martial Societies - The Orders of Chivalry https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1458844205
- VityViktor for Alternate early Frankish units https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=955296527

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Interesting, good work! Looking forward to see the first release.

Compatible with: WTWSMS (whatever the next version number is) + Insular Flavor 1.4
The next version of WtWSMS will be 0.9.13. ;)

The plague narrowing may make test-running the Rise of Islam content a little more consistent, since it has a tendency in my "Experimental Historical" games to either kill or land Mohammed.

Progress Report
Post-patch reworking of vanilla files (and a touch-up to some of the mod's files) is well on its way, and since I figure this will make the dev's lives easier, I'll upload some of the files as I go. (There's also a hint or two floating around as to what I plan to add sometime in the future.) Frankish Elective's also in there, but the voting rules aren't quite worked out yet. Expect edits with the rest soon.
Question for the devs: While the inability of the Roman Empires to create Empire-level titles (as mentioned in the dev diaries) makes sense, it doesn't fit at all for the other Bureaucratic realms. However, as it is tied to government type, there appears to be no way around it. Any thoughts?
Once this is done, I will recommence on Dynamic de Jure, at which point I'll just have to wait for the WtWSMS compatibility patch and we're off to the races.
Edit: I was doing some digging, and noticed that Dalmatian uses the Roman grouping of cultural buildings and retinues. However, Dalmatian is a melting pot culture. Is this intentional?

Attachments

• succession_laws.txt
    44,7 KB · Views: 37
  • 00_societies.txt
    199,4 KB · Views: 39
  • WtWSMS_feudal_governments.txt
    4,2 KB · Views: 10
  • 00_minor_titles.txt
    59,2 KB · Views: 7
  • ze_crown_laws.txt
    4,6 KB · Views: 36
  • 00_CastleCulture.txt
    104,2 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Question for the devs: While the inability of the Roman Empires to create Empire-level titles (as mentioned in the dev diaries) makes sense, it doesn't fit at all for the other Bureaucratic realms. However, as it is tied to government type, there appears to be no way around it. Any thoughts?
As things look currently, no, this won't be implemented.
Edit: I was doing some digging, and noticed that Dalmatian uses the Roman grouping of cultural buildings and retinues. However, Dalmatian is a melting pot culture. Is this intentional?
Probably a left-over from when it wasn't a melting-pot culture, when I did the melting-pots only the events side was considered since that was the major part and the cultures themselves had been added earlier. If you have suggestions on what it could get instead, feel free to share them!

So, just posting to let you all know that neither I nor the sub-mod are dead, I'm simply (like the rest of you) waiting for the main mod to update. As mentioned in my previous post, most of the mod is already prepared for the newest version, with the exception of dynamic de jure (which I can't exactly work on without the map files, so unless @loup99 is feeling generous I'm out of luck) and my terrible ideas for government reworks (which, given the hints the dev dropped, either might not be needed at all or would require readjustment anyway). I wouldn't be surprised if there's other problems that delay the release anyway, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

Edit: I haven't forgotten about the Dalmatians, I just don't have a good suggestion yet.

Hey, I'm back again, and will be continuing development. As I'm hearing the map will be redone in the near future (to incorporate the changes from Holy Fury into the WtWSMS map), the first release will not include dynamic de jure. First order of business is ensuring compatibility, and incorporating the additions from Insular Flavour (see the first post).

To give a general idea of what to expect for dynamic de jure, the system will be similar to what is present in Winter King. Here's my current plan:
- Do note that Casus Bellis will have to be substantially reworked to accommodate this system.
- The first section of Dynamic De Jure will focus on Western Europe and Northwestern Africa.
- Dynamic De Jure in this area will have 3 layers: Roman, Sub-Roman 'Barbarian', and Post-Roman. Certain areas will be special cases, and will receive an additional layer.
- The Roman de jure layer would be largely identical to the current set-up (one exception, Empire of Italia will be moved to the Post-Roman Layer and the WRE will take its place on the starting de jure map). Roman characters that control at least two 'petty' Roman Empires (e.g. Gaul and Hispania) and Rome may forfeit those empires in exchange for the Western Roman Empire title, which would absorb the de jure duchies/kingdoms under your control. Territory that you reclaim from the Barbarian menace will be returned to its respective petty Empire, or to the WRE if you hold it.
- The Sub-Roman Barbarian layer is intended for, as the name implies, the many Barbarian Kingdoms that carved chunks out of the Western Roman Empire. Because they still maintain a level of Roman Administration, they'll use the same de jure duchies as the Roman layer. Where they differ is Kingdoms and Empires. Their (currently titular) kingdoms will absorb Roman Duchies, and these kingdoms will be de jure parts of their cultural Empires (Visigothica and Ostrogothica will receive separate Visigothic and Ostrogothic Empires). Each Barbarian Kingdom will have a fixed maximum extent, which will be determined later. Conquest of Barbarian Kingdoms that you do not share de jure duchies with will be restricted, with players and AI instead being encouraged to make them tributaries (possibly Foederati). The Italian core (Annonaria and Italia on the de jure map) are an exception, as the duchies therein can be absorbed by any of the Barbarian Kingdoms. Barbarian Kingdoms that hold the Italian core and fulfill other (TBD) requirements will be able to 'restore' the Roman Empire in their image. The kingdom will be forfeit and the old Roman de jure kingdoms will reemerge under the new Vandalic/Gothic/Suebic/etc. Imperium, and all previous restrictions on expansion will be lifted. You will also gain the Bureaucratic government type.
- The Post-Roman layer will closely resemble the Vanilla set-up. It will mainly emerge during the Frankish and Anglo-Saxon conquests. Sub-Roman Barbarians that decay into Feudal will gain access to this layer.

After Western Europe/North Africa, the next region to be developed will be Central and Eastern Europe. This will be very slow going, so I will try my best to post progress reports to demonstrate that I haven't either given up or died.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Good to see development continuing on this. Eager to play with the first version once it is released. :)

Hey, I'm back again, and will be continuing development. As I'm hearing the map will be redone in the near future (to incorporate the changes from Holy Fury into the WtWSMS map), the first release will not include dynamic de jure. First order of business is ensuring compatibility, and incorporating the additions from Insular Flavour (see the first post).

To give a general idea of what to expect for dynamic de jure, the system will be similar to what is present in Winter King. Here's my current plan:
- Do note that Casus Bellis will have to be substantially reworked to accommodate this system.
- The first section of Dynamic De Jure will focus on Western Europe and Northwestern Africa.
- Dynamic De Jure in this area will have 3 layers: Roman, Sub-Roman 'Barbarian', and Post-Roman. Certain areas will be special cases, and will receive an additional layer.
- The Roman de jure layer would be largely identical to the current set-up (one exception, Empire of Italia will be moved to the Post-Roman Layer and the WRE will take its place on the starting de jure map). Roman characters that control at least two 'petty' Roman Empires (e.g. Gaul and Hispania) and Rome may forfeit those empires in exchange for the Western Roman Empire title, which would absorb the de jure duchies/kingdoms under your control. Territory that you reclaim from the Barbarian menace will be returned to its respective petty Empire, or to the WRE if you hold it.
- The Sub-Roman Barbarian layer is intended for, as the name implies, the many Barbarian Kingdoms that carved chunks out of the Western Roman Empire. Because they still maintain a level of Roman Administration, they'll use the same de jure duchies as the Roman layer. Where they differ is Kingdoms and Empires. Their (currently titular) kingdoms will absorb Roman Duchies, and these kingdoms will be de jure parts of their cultural Empires (Visigothica and Ostrogothica will receive separate Visigothic and Ostrogothic Empires). Each Barbarian Kingdom will have a fixed maximum extent, which will be determined later. Conquest of Barbarian Kingdoms that you do not share de jure duchies with will be restricted, with players and AI instead being encouraged to make them tributaries (possibly Foederati). The Italian core (Annonaria and Italia on the de jure map) are an exception, as the duchies therein can be absorbed by any of the Barbarian Kingdoms. Barbarian Kingdoms that hold the Italian core and fulfill other (TBD) requirements will be able to 'restore' the Roman Empire in their image. The kingdom will be forfeit and the old Roman de jure kingdoms will reemerge under the new Vandalic/Gothic/Suebic/etc. Imperium, and all previous restrictions on expansion will be lifted. You will also gain the Bureaucratic government type.
- The Post-Roman layer will closely resemble the Vanilla set-up. It will mainly emerge during the Frankish and Anglo-Saxon conquests. Sub-Roman Barbarians that decay into Feudal will gain access to this layer.

After Western Europe/North Africa, the next region to be developed will be Central and Eastern Europe. This will be very slow going, so I will try my best to post progress reports to demonstrate that I haven't either given up or died.
any news?

• 2Like
Reactions: