• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Commander_Stopka

Private
6 Badges
Oct 25, 2018
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
In my current game as Soissons, I have come across an issue where the breakdown of Sub Roman governments into feudalism seems unstoppable. In the governments dev diary, the mod team stated that "This progressive transition will depend on the choices of the player, but also on how the realm itself fares. Over time, the Roman imperial infrastructure to collect tax decays, which will trigger an event chain on maintaining taxation infrastructure or not, which bases itself of actions of the top liege rather than vassals, who will only get limited abilities to impact the transition when it comes to this chain.". In my case, however I only ever received 2 events. One of those events was about armies becoming tied to their land (might have somethign to do with the fact that I used levies instead of the legion mercenaries). The other one was about some ecclesiastical class emerging from the nobility. However, at no point was I given any multiple choice events regarding taxation or maintaining of Imperial bureaucracy. Instead, sometime after those events, I found myself being forced to switch to feudalism. Is this a common issue for others?

The tax collection events are those that present you with the choice of either maintaining taxation infrastructure or letting it decay. Those events are set to trigger every 50 years or so. They are the main aspect of the transition to feudalism and pretty much required for it to happen. The two events you got do indeed reflect what happens within your realm, but indirectly.

The tax collection events are those that present you with the choice of either maintaining taxation infrastructure or letting it decay. Those events are set to trigger every 50 years or so. They are the main aspect of the transition to feudalism and pretty much required for it to happen. The two events you got do indeed reflect what happens within your realm, but indirectly.
The game has been going for about 70 years or so, and I hadn't gotten any events regarding taxation, which is what confused me. At some point, maybe 60 years into the game or so, I simply got an event which reorganised me and my Sub-Roman vassals into feudalism.

The game has been going for about 70 years or so, and I hadn't gotten any events regarding taxation, which is what confused me. At some point, maybe 60 years into the game or so, I simply got an event which reorganised me and my Sub-Roman vassals into feudalism.
Well, that is far too quick, it isn't intended at all. I will see what went wrong with the events.

Last edited: