• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Almaron

Grand Duke of Fluff, Lord of the Bargain Hunt
88 Badges
Jul 30, 2012
www.amcalmaron.deviantart.com
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Victoria 2
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • 500k Club
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
Remember this old thing? https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/submod-revised-borders.906865/
Well, in the aftermath of the final episode of GOT, I decided I wanted to resurrect it, but to also start afresh in some areas and include some new ideas that I'd come up with while working on other projects.

FEATURES INCLUDE:
*Redrawn map of Westeros with borders designed to match the maps shown in 'The World of Ice and Fire' - with some adjustments made to suit the base mod - while also be suitable for CKII's 'ducal drifting' and also reflect historic borders of pre-Seven Kingdoms entities, which, somewhere down the line, I hope to include for the Century of Blood start date or even earlier.
*Additional wasteland territories added to Westeros to allow impassable regions to be represented without them 'disfiguring' the map.
*Revised vassal setup; almost all houses listed as "principal" ones in source material have been given ducal titles to reflect their importance - in areas where multiple principal houses occupy a single duchy, titular titles have been created to avoid de jure wars breaking out. Similarly, Dragonstone and Summerhall have been given kingdom-tier titles.
*Updated river/terrain/topology maps, featuring a few extra rivers and a redrawn version of 'The Wall' to match the depiction in 'The Lands of Ice and Fire'.
*De Jure Empires extended to cover entire game map - necessitating the creation of a few space-filling empires as temporary fixes.

SCREENSHOTS:
file
file
file
ck2_171_by_amcalmaron_dda8muf-pre.jpg
ck2_172_by_amcalmaron_dda8mtq-pre.jpg
ck2_173_by_amcalmaron_dda8mwe-pre.jpg

DOWNLOAD HERE: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/476ey4p6uknmcye/AADWQkyRp8lsj9mBlEN-w-Rma?dl=0
(Includes folder with custom files for compatibility with More Bloodlines submod)

NOTES ON CERTAIN ADJUSTMENTS:
*Crownlands culture present from starting date, but with the new name 'Waterman', representing the people living along the coastline who more often than not tried to break free of the authority of the Riverlands and Stormlands.
*Atranta shifted to southwestern Riverlands, based on text in 'Fire and Blood' - "From [Harrenhal] he and his retinue moved on to Riverrun, Acorn Hill, Pinkmaiden, Atranta and Stoney Sept".
*Oxcross, Nunn's Deep and Pendric Hills shifted to better suit description of Robb's campaign in the Westerlands - Robb sneaks past the Golden Tooth and surprises the Westerman army at Oxcross (three day's travel from Casterly Rock), then after this, his army splits; Robb continues on to Ashemark and the Crag, the Glovers and Karstarks raid 'the coast' (by process of elimination, the northern coast of the Westerlands) and the Umbers capture gold mines at Nunn's Deep, Castamere and the Pendric Hills (suggesting some proximity).
*Multiple openings have been added in wasteland territories, based on maps in 'The World of Ice and Fire' which show roads crossing these areas.
*Northmarch region shifted to the northernmost part of the Reach, based on text in 'The Sworn Sword' - Dunk notes that Summerhall is south of Standfast - and the fact that no other canonical locations have so far been confirmed for this region.

Hope you enjoy it! Open to feedback - especially since there's bound to be some painfully obvious mistake I'll have overlooked in making this - so let me know if there's something I should fix!

Last edited:
I've just had a look through the bmp files. I like it a lot. Again I'd echo my previous comments on the Eyrie, having an impregnable Eyrie makes for very fun Vale games, particularly with the lack of climbing spikes.

With regards to your new province maps, my one criticism would be simply to cut Greywater watch off from all but the province to the north of it.

I'm using this setup for my map:

AsUUChm.png

0IP9hW4.png

Nice work though

Well, firstly, thanks! :)
As for your feedback, well, it's potentially doable, but I didn't really want to add more inhabited provinces to the base mod (if I did, I'd have chopped the Gift up and given them to the northern mountain clans first of all), as I wanted it to be as close to vanilla as possible. Maybe later, though, if demand forms for them. :)
With Greywater Watch, though...well, it's tricky, because it's hard to represent how the Crannogmen can navigate the swamps easily while Ironborn and Andals have struggled to find Greywater Watch (presumably not First Men, as the Kings of Winter DID conquer the region at some point), but at the same time there are a number of locations in Westeros that have supposedly been 'never taken in a siege' and yet they'll fall pretty quickly in a standard CKII game...I went for a sort of compromise where wasteland provinces surround the swamps with a few openings here and there; a Crannogman player should have no problem moving around to interact with their vassals, while an attacker (albeit a determined one keen to take Greywater Watch) would have to move his armies in a certain way where they could be targeted easier.