• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Threebanger23

Recruit
Feb 6, 2023
So EU4 has run perfectly for about half a year until this week. This issue has happened twice, the first was solved by a clean reinstall. The second has been stubborn, and I've haven't been able to progress despite multiple installs and verification of the files. Every other game works perfectly fine, including other Paradox games such as HOI4. I'm going nuts trying to figure out how to fix this, any help would be appreciated. I'll put my laptop specifications below and attach my diagnostic data.

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz

Attachments

• Direct Diagnostic Data.txt
    124 KB · Views: 0
There's a problem with your nVida driver or card:

+++ WER1 +++:
Fault bucket LKD_0x141_Tdr:6_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys_Ampere, type 0
Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
Please try this:

- uninstall that driver and all other nVidia software
- reboot
- install the 2023 one https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
- reboot again

Good luck!

I attempted to do as you directed, but there still seems to be an issue. I removed the old driver as well as the old nVidia files and documents, and then installed the latest driver. I ran a new diagnostic and attached it below. Perhaps I missed something?

Attachments

• Diagnostic Data Feb Sixth.txt
    124,1 KB · Views: 0
You are still getting that same nVidia driver error, so I fear there is some larger problem here!

Do make sure you unload GeForce Experience before starting the game, in case it is getting in the way here.

As the problem only started last week, when you had an older video driver, and the game itself has not changed for quite some time, this is probably a Windows or hardware problem, I'm sorry to say!

Understood, now I'm not the most tech savvy guy, so I'm not sure how to attack a hardware problem if that's the case. Could you help me get started on that process, or should I contact my manufacturer? Anything to get me set on the right path would be a huge help. It's just so crazy that nothing else is affected on my laptop besides this game.

If GeForce Experience was running did you try unloading it first? You don't mention it either way.

A new nVidia driver just came out today, so may as well try that.

Assuming you still get those Ampere errors in dxdiag, I guess I'd start with talking to nVidia support on their forums.

Hey so I gave it a break, I did what you said and it didn't work, but then today I did it again and redownloaded the game and it worked! I guess it was the GeForce Experience, and I just needed to clean reinstall the game. Thanks!