• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Even if it is very simple and limited, it would be very useful (primarily at the beginning). Plopping expensive buildings, especially building roads, can be very destructive.

• 5Like
Reactions:
Undo would be nice indeed for those situations when you try to remove a bus or tram stop and end up deleting the entire road segment.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Undo would be nice indeed for those situations when you try to remove a bus or tram stop and end up deleting the entire road segment.
Or when you connect a pedestrian path to a road and it somehow messes up the zoning for that road segment.

• 1Like
Reactions:

I just did this yesterday. It is very hard to select a single bus or tram stop. Super annoying and very destructive! It took me forever to recover my tram lines, bus lines, and taxi stands--and I'm sure it's still not back to what it was.

Without Undo, such actions should require confirmation. "Hey, this road segment has one or more transpo lines running through it. Are you sure you want to delete it?"

• 2Like
Reactions:
Any design game/application worth its salt has an undo feature. How this game could not have included one is beyond me. Especially for those accidental misclicks.

To be fair, applications have it much easier where Undo is concerned. They have only an atomic action to reverse. In Cities Skylines II, the game has continued progressing--changing routes, removing transpo lines, changing population, changing incomes and budgets, aging every cim, etc. Imagine if a player waits three IRL hours and *then* presses Undo. :) There's no reasonable way they can return the game to the state a city was in before the action the player undoes.

So. IMO, the only way to implement Undo would be to reverse *only* the physical action that is being undone: move the building back where it was, restore (or delete) the road (and associated transpo stops and lines), remove the plopped building, delete the added ped path, etc.

• 2Like
Reactions:
This is a must-have, at least for terraforming. I get why an 'Undo' for buildings can be problematic and cause tons of issues.
To prevent tons of issues, it could be disabled if the player closes the terraforming screen, to avoid potential bugs and problems.

Either undo feature (at least in sandbox/unlimited money mode).
... or a toggle function to demand confirmation before changes are implemented. Maybe this function only could be used while pausing so it wouldn't create any crashes if things are not confirmed and implemented. Maybe the pause button should work as toggle for this function. All changes during a pause can be undone until you start time again?

I'm just rambling and thinking out loud here.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
As much as I'd love to be able to undo building a road or bulldozing something, to be fair, we could also pause, do a quicksave, make our mods, and then reload if they go sideways. :)

Reactions:
To be fair, applications have it much easier where Undo is concerned. They have only an atomic action to reverse. In Cities Skylines II, the game has continued progressing--changing routes, removing transpo lines, changing population, changing incomes and budgets, aging every cim, etc. Imagine if a player waits three IRL hours and *then* presses Undo. :) There's no reasonable way they can return the game to the state a city was in before the action the player undoes.

So. IMO, the only way to implement Undo would be to reverse *only* the physical action that is being undone: move the building back where it was, restore (or delete) the road (and associated transpo stops and lines), remove the plopped building, delete the added ped path, etc.
Just make it so that you can only undo while paused.

Either undo feature (at least in sandbox/unlimited money mode).
... or a toggle function to demand confirmation before changes are implemented. Maybe this function only could be used while pausing so it wouldn't create any crashes if things are not confirmed and implemented. Maybe the pause button should work as toggle for this function. All changes during a pause can be undone until you start time again?

I'm just rambling and thinking out loud here.
Slightly off-topic, but even simple solutions like having to double-click to bulldoze a road (whereas removing a transit stop, for example, takes only one click) would go a long way. Would ensure that you can try to delete a transit stop and click a few pixels off, without the road going poof.

There was a mod for cs1 which had this, it was really useful and nice to have, so sure why not!
The issue with ctl+z being a mod (imo) is that some mods had ctlz built in for just their specific mod, so youd need one of base game features like terraforming and so i commonly had like 2 or 3 ctl+z functions happening at the same time. I'd expect it to undo one thing, and a couple other things would be undone because mods got confused