Strategy for forming EU as France

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

mbugaj

Private
94 Badges
Jun 2, 2014
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Dungeonland
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • War of the Roses
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Prison Architect
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Pride of Nations
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Surviving Mars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
How can you form a EU as France. Even if i play on nonhistorical focuses, and britain goes undemocratic, i win with Reich, Britain, and USSR, I cant declare war on Benelux countries

I think the idea is to play with historical focus on but never join the allies so you won't liberate benelux countries and will be able to annex everything with the peace conference .
Perhaps you can form the little entente (but don't help Czechoslovakia ) to have some allies but i'm not sure about it .

I think the idea is to play with historical focus on but never join the allies so you won't liberate benelux countries and will be able to annex everything with the peace conference .
Perhaps you can form the little entente (but don't help Czechoslovakia ) to have some allies but i'm not sure about it .

Yea this is generally the way to do it and is what I often do as France. Dont join any Factions as you dont want to risk any land being taken. Germany will declare on you in the 40's. You want to build nothing but infantry equipment fighters and CAS. You may want to build some fortifications to hold Italy in the Alps and a minimal amount on the German border as you want them to bleed against your border. Don't push until you have the lead in plane production. CAS is going to have to do all the heavy lifting.

You will want to invest in anti partisans from your spy centre as the benelux countries generate a high amount of resistance. I've found that the allies get round to finally doing something around 1942 and may invade italy after Germany has fallen or is about to fall. You should take those lands first in a peace deal as they are expensive because they are not controlled by you and the allies can cheaply create a puppet there. The rest of the land will be occupied by you and thus too expensive for the allies to take.

Don't create little Entente, Czechs will create a supervised gov in Germany.

You want to build nothing but infantry equipment fighters and CAS. You may want to build some fortifications to hold Italy in the Alps and a minimal amount on the German border as you want them to bleed against your border.

Eh, I've found if you just go hard on the industry focuses you have plenty of industry for ~48 divisions of 7/2s with motorised recon, engineers, field hospitals and support artillery and enough fighters to at least have yellow air. All by the time to reject the Munich agreement (which is when I usually go in as France).

You should take those lands first in a peace deal as they are expensive because they are not controlled by you and the allies can cheaply create a puppet there. The rest of the land will be occupied by you and thus too expensive for the allies to take.

would it not be better to puppet them first and then annex them after, keep their fleets and stops the Allies sniping the land with puppets

Eh, I've found if you just go hard on the industry focuses you have plenty of industry for ~48 divisions of 7/2s with motorised recon, engineers, field hospitals and support artillery and enough fighters to at least have yellow air. All by the time to reject the Munich agreement (which is when I usually go in as France).

would it not be better to puppet them first and then annex them after, keep their fleets and stops the Allies sniping the land with puppets

If you Reject Munich you wont be able to get the Benelux as Germany wont declare on them till later and if they are in dire straits will not declare on them at all.

You can try puppeting if you want but I wouldn't as you dont really want to risk any land being taken and it also means that it will take even longer to get an EU going.

P.S Since seeing this topic I was inspired to try this run again I will update the thread with how it went.

Let Germany conquer the Benelux unopposed, (Or you do it somehow) Then you can annex all of occupied benelux and the axis.

Ok having ran it using my strat I can say it still works this patch. Wasnt the most efficient run but it works.

Went with Leon Blum ( for the reduction in converting civs + Stability)

Built nothing but Mils till 39 then put lvl 3 forts on my borders.

I used 24W infantry with Heavy TD on German Border, then upgraded to 2 TD when industry allowed for it.

War Broke out in March 1940 and had thinned out the planes on the German Side by September 1941.

Germany may not send fighters into French Airspace in which case you will want to send a lot to Benelux after the borders are under control.

After the Peace deal save up your points so that you can take Italy in its entirety to avoid puppets ( alt +F4'd many times to figure it out.

you will notice you cannot claim the Benelux and I thought that was the end of it but after the Peace deal you will hold them for a few days. While still paused you can pick the decision. SO you get the EU but it will look like this:

1606328599074.png

The Benelux gets released regardless.

P.S also notice the German Puppet in Czechslovakia. Peace deals really need some work. Ai Ruined my border.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Holy fuck, look at Germanoslovakia. That's disgusting.