• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@Macavity116 (In-game, I deliberately timed my invasion to coincide with the passage of the Crisis Resolution against the Ma’Karan protectors so that I would then Proclaim the Galactic Imperium and use my influence as Custodian to pass that early as soon as Directive 67 was complete).

Chapter Sixty-Eight: Moeder and Akkano New
Former Ozkox Sector space, Phlegethos V Mining Facility and Foundries....

Moeder Phlegethos Refinery.png

Darth Moeder looked out upon the rivers of lava that blazed beyond the shielding of the Phelgethos V Mining Facility, where one of the last pockets of Separatist leadership had tried to hide themselves, her eyes themselves a hellish yellow thanks to the power of the Dark Side.

She had slaughtered them without remorse. Even though they posed no challenge or threat to her, the thrill of unrestrained power was unlike anything she had ever known as a Jedi. And with their deaths, the galaxy was one step closer to lasting peace and order.

But that was not the only reason why she was here.

Akkano and Opalwan were hiding in this corner of the galaxy. And by butchering the Separatists here, she was sure to draw their attention.

And sure enough, Akkano showed herself before long. She looked extremely uncomfortable on the infernal planet, though the heat hardly seemed to faze Moeder now.

Moeder and Akkano.png

’St... Starfly? Is that really you?” Akkano asked, frowning.

“You once called me that, yes,” Darth Moeder replied, turning to face her old apprentice. “I’ve been looking for you, Akkano."

“Is it true?” she asked. “Did you-"

“I did what I had to do,” Darth Moder said brusquely, shoving her concerns aside. “The Jedi betrayed the Republic. But it’s over now. The Jedi. The Separatists. The War. Even the Republic itself. But you, Akkano! You were never as lost as all the other Jedi were, and I more than anyone know the power that lies within you.” She reached out with a taloned hand. “Join me, Akkano, and I shall resume your training, and help you realize your true strength!"

“In the Dark Side?!” Akkano protested.

“It is natural to fear what you do not yet understand, Akkano,” Moeder replied. “The Chancellor... the Empress taught me many things. But what I also know is that I am more powerful than her. When time comes, I can overthrow her, and you can help me bring order to the galaxy! Never again will we see these destructive conflicts tear it apart!"

“So it’s true...” Akkano said, visibly crestfallen. “You really have changed, Starfly. You’re going down a path that I can’t follow. But you can still-"

“Don’t lecture me, Akkano!” Moeder snarled. “Don’t you see? You think you’re trying to save me, with your misguided Jedi ways, but I’m the one trying to save you! If you will not open yourself to learning the ways of the Dark Side, then the Empress will command me to destroy you, before we are ready to take our rightful places as the rulers of the galaxy, Master and Apprentice once more!"

Then, Moeder saw Opalwan come into view behind Akkano.

Moeder Phlegethos Refinery Opalwan and Akkano.png

“So, Opalwan really did manage to turn you against me!” Fury filled the Sith Lady. “I was foolish to try to show compassion to a Jedi. You brought out my old weakness, Akkano! And for that, I shall destroy you myself!"

The Dark Side of the Force gripped Akkano’s throat, like a vise trying to crush it.

“Let her go, A’Nikori!” Opalwan shouted.

“As you wish, my old ‘Master’,” Darth Moeder sneered, releasing Akkano from her telekinetic grip.

The aquatic Jedi collapsed on the floor in a heap, though Opalwan could see that she was still breathing, though weakly.

Peace Freedom Justice Security for My New Imperium.png

“I’m surprised that Master Yodex isn’t here as well to join our reunion,’ Moeder said, walking over toward Opalwan and prodding Akkano with her foot. “Though I suppose he’s trying to sneak in and challenge the Empress. But he’s almost as much of a fossil as you are, Opalwan. A fossil of an era that has finally closed on the galaxy. Don’t you see what I’ve accomplished? I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security, to my new Imperium!"

“Your new Imperium?” Opalwan asked incredulously.

“Don’t make me kill you, Opalwan... for old time’s sake,” Moeder replied. “Perhaps I’m still too soft after all. But go find some out sort of crystal cave, out of the way, and meditate... you’d like that, wouldn’t you? But Akkano is mine. She may resist at first, but I will make her see the truth of the Force, just as the Empress has shown me. I AM her Master, and she is MY apprentice. And if she comes to hate me after this... then that will make it all the easier for her to awaken to her true powers."

“A’Nikori, my allegiance is to the Republic, to democracy! You have become the very evil you once swore to destroy! And I will not let it destroy Akkano as it has destroyed you!"

“If you’re not with me, Opalwan, then you’re my enemy,” Moeder said, glaring at him with cold fury that was only barely held back from erupting into an inferno like their surroundings.

“Darkness and light exist within each of us,” Opalwan replied. “But you have given yourself to your Empress’s lies, and so you have fallen into the darkness entirely! And so, for who you once were, I will do what I must, A’Nikori."

He ignited his lightsaber.

“You will try, old fossil,” Moeder sneered, activating her own.

A'Nikori vs Opalwan.png

And their blades clashed.

Light and Dark.

Friend against friend.

Master versus apprentice.

And the fate of the galaxy in the balance.

Last edited:
Moeder is getting practice for her We Can Rule Together speech that she'll give to her offspring later, I see.

"Darkness and light exist within each of us" is a way better comeback than "Only a Sith deals in absolutes" since it isn't an inherent contradiction. Nice job there.

Is Yodex attacking the new Empress?

• 1Like
Reactions:
(Yes, I intentionally wanted to avoid the infamous ‘Obi-Wan is a Sith Lord because he also dealt in absolutes’, so I came up with an alternative. I’m glad you like it!)

(Yes, Yodex is currently attacking Eerabik at the Senate Chambers.)

(As for the name of the lava planet that is the site of Moeder and Opalwan’s duel, Mustafar didn’t make sense in this case, as the was the base planet of Grievous’ Droid Army in this campaign, which was long since taken over by a Republic-aligned faction. So I made up a planet with a name based on Phlegethon, the River of Fire in the Greek Underworld, to reinforce the hellish symbolism of the world.)

Reactions: