Stellaris - Stellaris - v2.0.2 (5b9d) - Enigmatic Fortress still broken

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Tirion1987

First Lieutenant
33 Badges
Jan 23, 2016
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
Description
Stellaris - v2.0.2 (5b9d) - Enigmatic Fortress still broken

Game Version
Stellaris - v2.0.2 (5b9d)

What version do you use?

Steam

What expansions do you have installed?
All of the above

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
The Enigmatic Fortress bug reported in earlier versions (IIRC 2.0.1) when the initial special projects (demolition team/power surge) don't appear at all, is still there.

Steps to reproduce the issue.
Kill the Fortress as a normal Empire (not Hive Mind), and despair.

Upload Attachment

Attachments

• ironman.sav
    2,9 MB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
In earlier versions, a recurring trend is that the enigmatic fortress was first defeated by other AI empires before the player gets to it. Is that what happened in your game too?

In earlier versions, a recurring trend is that the enigmatic fortress was first defeated by other AI empires before the player gets to it. Is that what happened in your game too?

Just chiming in here; I've tried the event twice since 2.0.0 and both times it was in my space, so I was the first to attack it.

I never got any follow-up event after defeating it, it just sat there (offline) for the rest of the games.

Yea i encountered same problem. Its diffinently still broken. Except mine keep going active and each time i kill it i get the very first popup asking if i wanne enter or leave it alone. I have choosen enter like a "gazillion" time. And no event chains evar starts.

Even if another empire was there first , they really should make a message telling you another empire have completed it before you. But if they just defeat it and dont complete its chain. I really cant see why that should prevent the player for trying to complete it aswell. This event have been bugged to long, they need to put abit more work into fixing it for real.

Hi everyone, just a few questions, because I just confirmed that in a fresh game on 2.0.2 I can start the enigmatic fortress chain and finish it without any issues.

Are any of you by chance trying to use your old saves(old as in 2.0.0 or 2.0.1)?
Have any of you for whom it broke experienced this in a new game, started on 2.0.2?

Hi everyone, just a few questions, because I just confirmed that in a fresh game on 2.0.2 I can start the enigmatic fortress chain and finish it without any issues.

Are any of you by chance trying to use your old saves(old as in 2.0.0 or 2.0.1)?
Have any of you for whom it broke experienced this in a new game, started on 2.0.2?

My game was started in 2.0.0 forgot its number, but was same day apocalypse came out. I continued the play in 2.0.2 (5b9d)

Tried the event chain in 2 different games (The first I am not sure in which version. The second one definitely in 2.0.2 (5b9d).
The first time the event chain didnt trigger after choosing an option and the fortress reset after a couple of seconds.
The second time it also didnt trigger the event chain in the situation log but didnt reset instead remaining inactive.

Attachments

• 2. time.jpg
    2. time.jpg
    240,3 KB · Views: 6
Thanks for the info everyone, unfortunately this incarnation of the fortress bug appears to be a bit inconsistent in when it appears, since in 3 tries, it only happened once, but I have a save now just before the fortress is defeated and then breaks and reported it to our scripters and programmers.

Thanks for the info everyone, unfortunately this incarnation of the fortress bug appears to be a bit inconsistent in when it appears, since in 3 tries, it only happened once, but I have a save now just before the fortress is defeated and then breaks and reported it to our scripters and programmers.

I have a save where my fortress have allready been defeated, but i cant get my fleet out of the zone since the fortress respawn faster then i can travel away. Maybe look into that problem aswell. And clearly you can at the same time check the fortress bug i got.

And if you got an idea how the heck i get my fleet out of that zone without destroying it i would appreciate it. Its ironman mode so no console.

Attachments

• ironman.sav
    1,4 MB · Views: 0

It wasn't in my game where I ran across the bug. I controlled the surrounding systems since before any other empire could make a fleet that could even contest the fortress. I did make a failed attempt to disable the fortress earlier, though.

My save did start back in 2.0.0 I think as well, but hopefully you guys can fix it. Thank you for scouring the forums! :)