Duplicate Stellaris - Male and Female Rulers Can't Have Different Titles [3.4.2] [7836]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Quinzal

Gun Pointed at the Head of the Universe
23 Badges
Jan 12, 2017
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris
Description
Male and Female Rulers Can't Have Different Titles [3.4.2] [7836]

Game Version

What version do you use?
Steam

What expansions do you have installed?
Synthetic Dawn, Utopia, Leviathans Story Pack, Apocalypse, Megacorp, Distant Stars, Ancient Relics, Lithoids, Federations, Nemesis, Aquatics

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
Changing a Male ruler title sets the Female title to the same thing, and vice versa. Also occurs with Heir title. Note that this only occurs when changing the titles in the empire editor; doing so in-game allows both different names to stick, though likely only because they share the same popup box.

Steps to reproduce the issue.
Enter the empire editor with a species with default gender types. Change either the male or female ruler title, then change the opposite. The first one will be overwritten.

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments

• ea2e0725fcc83a707c3a89f56bc94f9b.gif
    ea2e0725fcc83a707c3a89f56bc94f9b.gif
    216,8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Reactions:
I have the exact same problem.

It's very frustrating because it broke the immersion.

(note : i play in french language)

It seems to only happen with new empires or when editing an existing one. Previously created empires still have correctly functioning titles until you save over them like I just did. :(

Also, if you change the titles in-game it sticks. This is just an editor issue.

It seems to only happen with new empires or when editing an existing one. Previously created empires still have correctly functioning titles until you save over them like I just did. :(
not for me : all my old empire have lost their leaders names...

Also I don't view it only as an "editor issue", it also impact directly my games : because i always play with personnalised IA and, when i create leaders with a long live, i like to see them with the name and title i gave them when i discover their civilisation ;)

I've had this as well (no mods, all DLC, 3.4.2; by 'this' I mean all previously created custom empires having the saved leadername wiped and the male/female ruler and heir titles overwriting each other). I've also found that some randomly-generated empires use the full empire title as ship name prefixes, rather than generating an actual prefix of letters.

Reactions:
Also I don't view it only as an "editor issue", it also impact directly my games

Well, it's an issue with the editor, so I see it as an editor issue.

Hello!

Thank you for the report!

We are aware of the issue, it has already been added to our bug database.

• 2Like
Reactions: