• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MagvasPajti

Recruit
8 Badges
Feb 14, 2021
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
For the last few days whenever I tried to start a new game or edit an empire the moment I click on save or start, Stellaris crashed.
It has no problem running my existing games.
I uninstalled all mods I had, reinstalled the game all togeher, checked my antivirus, nothing.
I have run out of ideas for fixing this. I hope someone here has a solution, thanks in advance!

We are having trouble with Avast and our new launcher 2021.1 , although not necessarily this exact issue. Add stellaris.exe to the exceptions list of Avast. You should add steam.exe and C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Programs/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2.2021.1/paradox launcher.exe to that list. You may need help from Avast support in how to allow those apps through fully.

The same may apply to other antivirus apps.

Let me know if that helps!

Upvote 0
1613587209007.png

Game keeps crashing.
Even tried clean reinstall (deleting left over files in Documents and Steam after uninstallation), running as Administrator etc.
I've never installed mods before either so it's not like theres some left over files from a mod.

The second I create a race, the game crashes. Allowing these files through Avast did originally fix the issue and I played with my friend, however turned PC on, came back to play Stelaris and bam, crashes happen again!
Any help?

Upvote 0
Both those lines for the launcher look wrong, AND are for old launcher versions.

It should be exactly this:
C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Programs/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2.2021.1/paradox launcher.exe

Upvote 0
I have everything installed on my D drive, so when I went to that directory on my C drive, there wasn't anything related to Paradox there. The things I made exemptions for are in those file paths I stated earlier

Upvote 0
As i say, both those are old versions. Can i get you to do a default install of the launcher in thelocatin I described please?

- exit the Steam app entirely
- uninstall Paradox Launcher v2 from the Windows "Apps and features" utility, if still present.

Delete the following folders if still present:

- C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Programs/Paradox Interactive/
- C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Paradox Interactive/
- C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Roaming/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2/
To see the AppData folder you'll need to enable View Hidden Items in File Explorer.

- run steam.exe as the Windows Admin user

- run the game from the PLAY button in Steam

IF that doesn't help, in this folder are some .log files:
C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2/
Please attach them here.

Upvote 0
I am having a crash problem as well. Same time 12.19 each time I load. Here is my log. Hellllp! lol Near I can tell is the game sends a command to shutdown but I cannot figure out why. Edit: I dont use AV of any kind but I did add an exception to windows defender and firewall as instructed. Game/launcher/gfx all latest v.

Attachments

• cpatch.log
    2 MB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
I am having a crash problem as well. Same time 12.19 each time I load. Here is my log. Hellllp! lol Near I can tell is the game sends a command to shutdown but I cannot figure out why. Edit: I dont use AV of any kind but I did add an exception to windows defender and firewall as instructed. Game/launcher/gfx all latest v.
The OP here has a problem starting a new game or creating a new empire. But that doesn't sound like your problem at all, is that right? Your issue is when loading an existing save, is that right?

Upvote 0
Well it originally crashed so I loaded an autosave thinking it was a random glitch or something. I figured this thread was similar enough rather than create a new thread. Not trying to be annoying. :) It always crashes at the exact same point 2707.12.19. No matter how far back on the autosave I go.

Upvote 0
If there are no mods involved, that must be a game bug I think. Make a new thread in Bug Reports and attach the problem save there for QA to look into.

Then put that save aside and try it as you see new patches come out.

All the best!

Upvote 0