Stellaris - Herbert 3.2.2 [abcc] - minor Asteroid Sighted event glitches

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kumiankka

Recruit
47 Badges
May 1, 2021
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
Description
Herbert 3.2.2 [abcc] - minor Asteroid Sighted event glitches

Game Version
Herbert 3.2.2 [abcc]

What version do you use?
Steam

What expansions do you have installed?

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
The Asteroid Sighted event that affects colony worlds seems to be bugged in some strange ways. On my latest savegame the following sequence of glitches happened:

- first, I got the usual Asteroid Sighted for one of my colonies
- the asteroid appeared as normal, but seemed to be moving at a much faster pace as usual, see separate discussions at https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/stellaris-asteroid-event-finishes-immediately.1491413/ as well as Reddit discussion for this separate bug here: - my bug report does not directly concern the previous issue, but what happened next: the outpost in the system engaged the asteroid in battle, but without actually firing any shots at it. This stopped the asteroid's too-rapid movement, allowing my corvette fleet to arrive.
- after the corvette fleet arrived, they would not engage the asteroid even if ordered to attack
- quitting and restarting the game solved the issues with the battle, after this the outpost and corvettes both started firing at the asteroid normally, note that this is similar behavior to the well-known invincible enemy fleets bug discussed here: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/invincible-fleet-bug.1167709/ and here:
So we have three possibly-related minor issues here, the asteroid stopping its movement when attacked, the starbase not firing on the asteroid despite being in combat with it, and the corvettes ignoring orders to engage (not just not firing, they didn't even enter the combat untl the save was reloaded)

If you do manage to fix this, could you please double-check that the asteroid movement speed is fixed as well? I know the old asteroid event was kind of a pushover, but right now the glitches above are actually the only thing preventing those rocks from smashing into planets within a few months, long before you can hope to send a fleet even from just the next system over as in this case.

Steps to reproduce the issue.
1. trigger the Asteroid Sighted event for a colony within the combat range of the basic level 1 outpost
2. wait until the asteroid gets in combat with the outpost (not sure if this happens every time)

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments

• settings_logs.zip
    3,9 KB · Views: 0
  • savegame_screenshots.zip
    1,2 MB · Views: 0
Upvote 0