Confirmed Stellaris - GDF Fleet counts towards Empire Fleet Cap

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

rtho782

Private
119 Badges
Oct 29, 2011
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Impire
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Stellaris
  • Semper Fi
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Ancient Space
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Dungeonland
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • War of the Roses
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
Description
GDF Fleet counts towards Empire Fleet Cap

Game Version

What version do you use?
Steam

What expansions do you have installed?
Synthetic Dawn, Utopia, Leviathans Story Pack, Apocalypse, Megacorp, Distant Stars, Ancient Relics, Lithoids, Federations, Nemesis, Aquatics

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
Simple really, as custodian, have a GDF fleet, watch as you go way over your fleet cap.

Steps to reproduce the issue.

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments

• fleet.jpg
    fleet.jpg
    301,8 KB · Views: 0
  • 3Like
Reactions:
This bug is occurring for me as well!
If I try to specify the make-up of the GDF in my fleet designer, it also prevents me from putting more than my current fleet cap in the GDF

Hello!

Thank you for the report!

We have added the issue to our bug database.

On a different note, longer term, could we look into changing the fleet caps of federations. Even 600 is far too low, as 20% - 30% of even one player's fleet can easily provide all of it - even 10% with Entente Coordination, really - making federations effectively waste fleet cap.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Seems like they didn't

This post was made May 14th and 3.4.3 was released May 19th. That isn't enough time to bug fix anything but critical bugs (IE, game breaking).

@Eladrin Please, make sure this is fixed in 3.4.4 or a key feature (Federal/GDF/Imperial fleets) will be broken all summer.

EDIT, 6/20: Also, it seems like I might have misunderstood some of the other reports - it may be that Federation Fleets were fine all along and it was GDF at fault. My sincerest apologies if this is the case.

EDIT, 6/20: Also, it seems like I might have misunderstood some of the other reports - it may be that Federation Fleets were fine all along and it was GDF at fault. My sincerest apologies if this is the case.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions:
I'm not sure the devs prioritized the right fixes for 3.4.4. This one and the bug where fleets refuse to use regular hyperlane connections if there's a hyper relay connection between the same systems (even when they have to cross the whole system to reach the relay) are really bad.

• 3Like
Reactions:
@Eladrin, @Alfray Stryke , etc.: Devs, any word on this - even if its not what we like to hear, just so that we know what's going to happen here or even that the issue is at least on the radar, like some combination of:

"It's not going to be in 3.4.4" [for example, because its more complicated to solve than it seems].
OR
"We're working on it, but we aren't sure if it will make 3.4.4 in time"
OR
"We've heard the clamor for this to be fixed, we're working on it, and it will be added in 3.4.4 after all"
OR
"We don't know."
OR
Some other response corresponding to a situation

That would be much appreciated.

• 3Like
Reactions:
6/20: it seems like I might have misunderstood some of the other reports - it may be that Federation Fleets were fine all along and it was GDF at fault. My sincerest apologies if this is the case.

Also, Eladrin has confirmed Fed Fleets work correctly in 3.4.4, but not GDF - though with the lulzy side effect that you can get dozens of Titans in the GDF now at the cost of them counting against national naval capacity by glitch. Eladrin thinks that the new distinction between owned and controlled fleets may be at issue

Hello! I've implemented a fix for this issue that will be in 3.5 if it passes QA.
Since there was some discussion as to where the issue applied, let me clear some of it up :)
Federation fleets are unaffected, but both GDF and Imperial Armada have the issue.
It may have been a bit inconsistent, since this only affected places where we calculate how much of the naval cap is used by the fleet size.
For any place where we only calculated the fleet size alone, it worked properly, so different places in the game and UI have either counted GDF and the Armada, or not.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Hello! I've implemented a fix for this issue that will be in 3.5 if it passes QA.
Since there was some discussion as to where the issue applied, let me clear some of it up :)
Federation fleets are unaffected, but both GDF and Imperial Armada have the issue.
It may have been a bit inconsistent, since this only affected places where we calculate how much of the naval cap is used by the fleet size.
For any place where we only calculated the fleet size alone, it worked properly, so different places in the game and UI have either counted GDF and the Armada, or not.

Thank you very much!

Also, sorry for the confusion on the matter - earlier on I gravely misunderstood what others had wrote and accidentally spread misinformation based on the incorrect understanding - which I desperately sought to correct when I realized the matter.

On a tangential note, though its not a bug, as a balance matter, could PDX consider looking at the caps on Federation Fleets. 200/400/600 is so low that often naval capacity in federations are heavily wasted as even just one member can end up providing for more than the entire amount.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Thank you very much!

Also, sorry for the confusion on the matter - earlier on I gravely misunderstood what others had wrote and accidentally spread misinformation based on the incorrect understanding - which I desperately sought to correct when I realized the matter.

On a tangential note, though its not a bug, as a balance matter, could PDX consider looking at the caps on Federation Fleets. 200/400/600 is so low that often naval capacity in federations are heavily wasted as even just one member can end up providing for more than the entire amount.
Agreed. Whatever the caps are, a Federation should not destroy collective naval capacity by taking more cap in the aggregate than used.

• 1Like
Reactions: