Duplicate Stellaris - Fanatical Purifier Necrophages can't abduct pops with raiding stance

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Racaraz

Private
36 Badges
Apr 6, 2016
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Magicka
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Surviving Mars
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Crusader Kings II
Description
Fanatical Purifier Necrophages can't abduct pops with raiding stance

Game Version
Butler v2.8.1 (2190) [stellaris_test - AI improvements open beta]

What version do you use?
Steam

What expansions do you have installed?
Synthetic Dawn, Utopia, Leviathans Story Pack, Apocalypse, Megacorp, Distant Stars, Ancient Relics, Lithoids, Federations

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
While playing with an empire with the Fanatical Purifiers civic, the Necrophages origin, and the Nihilistic Acquisition ascension perk, use a fleet with the 'Raiding ' orbital bombardment to bombard a planet.

The expected behaviour would be to abduct the alien pops to my planet to be purged, but it seems that they are killed instead . No pops of said species have been moved to any of my worlds (despite having reduced the amount of pops of the planet), and no newer pops of my main species has been created by this method either.

According to the wiki:
-Abducts pops instead of killing them.
-Species with Displacement, Neutering or Extermination species rights will still be killed

The species rights of said species is 'Necrophage' (the one selected by default).

Note: In the save file attached there's only 2 pops left in that planet, but they were at least 8 before the bombardment began.

Steps to reproduce the issue.
While playing with an empire with the Fanatical Purifiers civic, the Necrophages origin, and the Nihilistic Acquisition Ascension, use a fleet with the 'Raiding ' orbital bombardment to bombard a planet.

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments

• Pops not being abducted.sav
    1,2 MB · Views: 0
Reactions:
Hi, thanks for the report. We're aware of the issue and are investigating it.
The bug is still here in 3.0.1. It's an insanely easy fix, you literally just have to add one line of code to common/game _rules/00_rules.txt. I'd just want to, y'know, get achievements when playing, but this makes necrophage FPs basically unplayable since it requires a lot more micro to actually get any value out of being expansionist.

You ever going to fix this? with this issue makes playing necrophages kind of pointless
Thankfully there's a mod that fixes it and, like I said, it's a one-line addition to a single file... but that just means there's no excuse for it not being fixed already. And honestly it only really makes hyperaggressive necrophages clunky and pointless, playing FP lithoid necrophages is super annoying since you have to invade every planet. If you don't murder your prepatent species in the first month of the game, you could get away with them pretty easily without having to abduct natives, although it does certainly help.

I just created this account just to say that I wasted 4 hours because of this bug and it makes paradox look unbelievably incompetent.

This should be fixed in the 3.0.3 opt-in beta.
* Fixed it being impossible to abduct pops to Necrophage purge them once their species is already set to Undesirables who are to be Necrophaged.

• 1Like
Reactions: