• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

F00d Demon

Recruit
8 Badges
Jan 8, 2022
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
I very recently installed the game on a new system originally with mods. The game was stuck in a loading state with no progress number and a tiny portion of progress, regardless of time it never changed. I then tried a multitude of fixes with having all my mods uninstalled and not present such as:

-Reinstalling several times
-Verifying file integrity
-Excluding both the Stellaris /Document and /SteamApps from my firewall
-Allowing the game to pass through without the firewall
-Downloading vc_redist, C++ Redistributables and DirectX Redist
-Wiping both the Stellaris /Document and /SteamApps folder from my computer
-Deleting/Unsubbing from all traces of mods
-Changing settings such as running in all forms of screen types

Additionally all my drivers, and hardware should be up to date from what I've checked. No matter the changes it's the same problem over and over again.

Attachments

• Stellaris Load.png
    Stellaris Load.png
    1,4 MB · Views: 0
  • DxDiag.txt
    126,8 KB · Views: 0
  • error.log
    231,6 KB · Views: 0
  • pdx_settings.txt
    314 bytes · Views: 0
  • settings.txt
    1,1 KB · Views: 0
  • system.log
    6,8 KB · Views: 0
This looks the same as this report:

Can you please go through the things I suggested there, and address the question in my last post there? As you are getting LiveKernelEvents in your dxdiag too.

What you two have in common is a dual Intel UHD /nVidia video system, but that is not uncommon and not known to cause such issues, Quite odd.

• 1Like
Reactions:
"
That would normally indicate a video driver or hardware problem, but I see no sign of that in that system.log

Has the game ever worked on this machine? Or never yet?

Does Eu4 work okay?"

The game has never worked on this machine despite this machine being less than a month old as well. I'm not familiar with what Eu4 is, please clarify, ty.

"
We see some LiveKernelEvent entries in there, which happen when the machine or Window is forcibly downed or rebooted. Are you seeing that, is it related to this game or something else?

That aside I see no clear cause of this in there. If you make a new Windows user on this machine, log into it with that, and try the game there do you still get this?"

I'm not seeing an forced downs or rebooting. For some odd reason it actually does work on a different user on this device, thank you. But is there any solution that will allow me to use in on my main user without having to have the other one?

For some odd reason it actually does work on a different user on this device, thank you. But is there any solution that will allow me to use in on my main user without having to have the other one?
To me that indicates a Windows problem, a corrupted user profile perhaps. Fixing that is well out of my skill set I'm afraid! You might need professional Windows suport help on that.

• 1Like
Reactions: