• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

tossley

Recruit
28 Badges
Nov 10, 2017
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
Hello. This morning when I was selecting custom federations to play in the list, the game would crash after selecting them (any custom made, not a particular one). I did a clean install (uninstalled from steam, deleted the Stellaris folders in the drive, etc.). I reinstalled and verified the installation thru Steam, but now the game crashes after pushing "Play" from the launcher.

I do not know where to go from here. Any suggestions? I'm on Windows 10 and my drivers are up-to-date.

Thanks

If you move user_empire_designs.txt from /Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris/ , does the game then start?

If you move user_empire_designs.txt from /Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris/ , does the game then start?

Hi. There's not a file with this name. I assume it was wiped when I erased everything the first time. The game is crashing when it hit exactly 30% after pushing play. I have read a few things about people's mouse being the issue for this, but the game still crashes at 30% if I unplug the mouse after hitting play.

I went into properties and let the game load as administrator and it loaded into the federation list; it did not stop at 30%. I clicked UN humans and tried to load a game and it crashed at that point.

We are having trouble with Avast and our new launcher 2021.1 , although not necessarily this exact issue. Add stellaris.exe to the exceptions list of Avast. You should add steam.exe and C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Programs/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2.2021.1/paradox launcher.exe to that list. You may need help from Avast support in how to allow those apps through fully.

The same may apply to other antivirus apps.

Let me know if that helps!

We are having trouble with Avast and our new launcher 2021.1 , although not necessarily this exact issue. Add stellaris.exe to the exceptions list of Avast. You should add steam.exe and C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Programs/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2.2021.1/paradox launcher.exe to that list. You may need help from Avast support in how to allow those apps through fully.

The same may apply to other antivirus apps.

Let me know if that helps!

Hi again. Thank you for this comment. Something between my anti-virus (AVG) and the game is now causing the game to crash. I was able to start a game this way. This has never happened before, but I am glad there's a fix for it. Thanks again.