• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Cecelia1950

Recruit
1 Badges
Oct 1, 2022
  • Stellaris
I'm not really sure what causes this, so any help or advice at all will be greatly appreciated.
If it helps, here are some computer specs:
Model: Macbook Pro 2020
Version: MacOS Monterey
Chip: Apple M1
Memory: 8GB

I got Stellaris earlier this year. I ran into a Javascript error, however i just needed to update my laptop and that is besides the point.
Now i have an issue where upon opening my save file the game crashes after a few minutes, or maybe seconds. I don't think it crashes when the save is on pause, and it also doesn't happen on my other save file. I tried in multiplayer mode and it still crashes. The game closes as well as the launcher, and upon reopening after the crash, a bizarre thing happens where the mouse/cursor remains as my regular desktop mouse, not the game one and i have to use key-binds for basically everything. Closing the game voluntarily fixes this, but i'm not sure if this has anything to do with the constant involuntary crashes.
Any help is greatly appreciated, and if I need to attach screenshots/files to assist I will happily do so
Thanks.

PS: I don't have any mods or DLCs installed. It is only the base game.

Last edited:
Note that the Apple M1/M2 platform is not supported hardware for this game, only Intel/AMD CPUs are. Which may or may not be related to your problem, but does limit what we can do here.

Does this just affect that one save file you mention, or any other one or new test one you might start?

If just the one, was it started under current game patches, or earlier ones?

Note that the Apple M1/M2 platform is not supported hardware for this game, only Intel/AMD CPUs are. Which may or may not be related to your problem, but does limit what we can do here.

Does this just affect that one save file you mention, or any other one or new test one you might start?

If just the one, was it started under current game patches, or earlier ones?
It only effects this file. I opened a new save and it hasn't crashed, it's been about 5 minutes sitting with the time speed set on fast.

I'm not sure- It just started this morning at around 4am AEDT. A couple of weeks back the Javascript Error occurred- i updated my mac to the macOS Monterey version after a few days. The crashing only just began for the first time not even 24 hours ago.

If that save you mention reliably triggers this crash, please make a new thread in Bug Reports and attach it there, for QA to look into.

Sorry for that problem!