Stellaris Allow You to Lead Your Species to Utopia on April 6

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have to say, I don't mind the high expansion prices at all, mostly because of the level of quality in them. Paradox is one of the few companies I can buy from without waiting a few weeks to get reviews on each new piece of content before spending money.

However - your minor DLCs, particularly for CK2, are horrendous. I really, really don't see the point of buying 50 music and texture packs for 5 USD each.
Then don't buy them. Others might want exactly that. Again, 20$ for an expansion is NOT pricey at all by industry standard. Don't think I have ever seen one that costs less.

I just realized that this expansion drops on the same day that Eu4 Expansion Drops. Both on April 6th
This is a tough choice.. because I enjoy both games for different reasons
Gah Why does paradox make me choose when they know that I can not choose because both games are great

I already said I don't mind the expansion costs. Your post is redundant. The minor DLC is overpriced.

This is the "vote with your wallet" principle at work. Think of DLC not as mandators stuff that you are forced to buy to have fun with your game, but instead as optional extras you can buy if you feel like it - kinda like the extras in cars.

If you don't like the suede seat coverings, the genuine beechwood inlays, the retractable cup holders or the windows that tint at the touch of a button, don't buy them. None of them are needed for the car to do what you buy it to do - in fact, many of those are absolutely worthless for a good amount of potential customers. They're just there for the people that enjoy that kinda thing and that want to spend some extra for a car that has been customised to their liking a bit more.

Same for the small music/cosmetic DLCs for 5 bucks a piece. If you don't place value on customising your army uniforms or having certain themes played as you march into battle or whatever, then that's totally fine. But if you ARE into that stuff, the option is available.

If the prices seem bad for this content, that just means you're not the target audience. Similar to how I am not the target demographic for a 45.000,- Rolex Diamond Titanium with 3 time-zones - I'd rather buy a house and rent it out for that money. :p

I also often consider soundtracks and visual assets as something positive because what else are artists gonna do? The overwhelming majority of the Utopia content is mechanics - balancing, coding, while all the artist has to do is make a bunch of icons and 1 habitat design per race + generic ring world and dyson sphere construction phases.

So while the coders are busy doing their stuff, the artists make optional cosmetic DLC to justify their paychecks and help balance the budget.

Last edited: