Stellaris - AI game breakingly broken 2.7.2(60bf)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Summon3r

Sergeant
18 Badges
Jun 30, 2017
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Surviving Mars
  • BATTLETECH
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris
Description
AI game breakingly broken 2.7.2(60bf)

Game Version
2.7.2(60bf)

What version do you use?
Steam

What expansions do you have installed?
Synthetic Dawn, Utopia, Leviathans Story Pack, Apocalypse, Distant Stars, Ancient Relics, Federations

Do you have mods enabled?
Yes

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
AI especially in time of war is utterly and completely useless, whether you are in a federation/def pact and your allies do little to nothing and DO NOT try and work together AT ALL, or you are fighting an enemy AI and they essentially do nothing other then throw fleets at choke points.

Once their space starts getting taken they do almost nothing to reclaim it. I'm literally watching an AE fly its fleets out of its space to attack somewhere while all of it sspace gets taken over and they do NOTHING.

Many times AI gets stuck in a loop and fly towards a gate then fly away from it over and over.

Their is no challenge left in this game at all whether on high aggression grand admiral or not.

Steps to reproduce the issue.
Start new game, survive early to mid game with your envoys making sure you never have to fight then proceed to crush galaxy.

Upload Attachment
(DID NOT ANSWER QUESTION)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Upvote 0
The afe are especially dissappointing. I can understand that ai fleets priorizise weak targets and circumvent big starbase chokes if possible. But the ai doesnt calculate how long its fleets take to reach that weak targets. Especially afe travel to the other end of the galaxy to attack undefended territory of a fed, but while doing so the fed crushes the afe without ever having to fight the afe fleets which either are too far away to help or eternal bombing planets while waiting for a longdestroyed army.

starnet ai exists, and if you hate how it turns the ai into psychopaths there is a sub mod that makes diplo return to normal

far as i know starnet does nothing more then allow the AI to have a massive amount more resources/ships. does nothing to actually improve the AI in terms having half a a fraction of a brain to move ships around

it means that the ai can manage it's planets correctly, which does result in more resources, but it also fixes most of the ais military blunders, although fleets will still get stuck, but it makes that bug appear less. i have actually had an ally who was useful in a war, which shouldn't be as much of a foreign concept as it is. i have actually lost wars to ai empires with starnet enabled, something that hasn't happened since pre 2.0. i highly recommend it to anyone who is bored of steamrolling the braindead ai

starnet ai exists, and if you hate how it turns the ai into psychopaths there is a sub mod that makes diplo return to normal
This does not fix the looping AI though.

Haven't been able to play the game for months because of this bug, a game that I bought all the dlc's for. Are devs just trying to push out next dlc asap instead of fixing the bugs first?

This does not fix the looping AI though.

Haven't been able to play the game for months because of this bug, a game that I bought all the dlc's for. Are devs just trying to push out next dlc asap instead of fixing the bugs first?
ii haven't seen this bug since i started running starnet, i don't know if it fixes the bug, but it at least seems to make it less common. either that or i have amazing luck

Most loops happen outside the players view. For example if an ai declars a war without attacking with its main fleet for several years or if the weaker ai in an ai vs ai war makes an sudden unexpected comeback the reason for that is most likely an ai fleet getting stuck in a loop.

The bigger a galaxy and the later ingame the more likely an ai fleet loop happens. Starnet ai makes even fanatic pacifists as aggressive as fanatic purifiers. So most battles probably happen in early to midgame in crammed space. The ai has no time to fortify chokepoints and a loop is often caused by a enemy fleet planning an attack on a choke, then seeing fleet +starbase there is too strong, then planning to go to an weaker defended system, then believing the choke can still be taken, then seeing it cannot and so on