Stellaris - [3.2.2 abcc] Multiplayer: 1 player's time freezing while the rest continuing for 3 more days, and then the game getting stuck forever

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Eloquence4

Recruit
36 Badges
Dec 1, 2021
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Magicka
  • Victoria 2
  • War of the Roses
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
Description
[3.2.2 abcc] Multiplayer: 1 player's time freezing while the rest continuing for 3 more days, and then the game getting stuck forever

Game Version

What version do you use?
Steam

What expansions do you have installed?
Synthetic Dawn, Utopia, Leviathans Story Pack, Apocalypse, Megacorp, Distant Stars, Ancient Relics, Federations, Nemesis, Aquatics

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
Hello. My 3 friends and I were playing in a multiplayer session with the above selected DLCs and no mods. Game runs fine, until at some point the whole lobby "lags" and time freezes. The game isn't actually frozen for everyone, people can move their camera and select things, but when they issue orders nothing happens. On the top right the date is frozen. When my friends hover over it they notice that i am 3 days behind them. Usually me quitting and then rejoining the game while it is paused fixes the issue. Last night while playing we got this issue again, but quitting and reconnecting did not fix it, i froze the entire game again. We tried that a few more times, we tried recreating the lobby, but i would never be able to progress time and the game would stop for my friends when i got 3 days behind.

I tried hosting the lobby myself but my friends couldn't join because the save file wouldn't transfer, it would sit at 0% at the loading screen for them. I tried telling them to progress by themselves for a month and let me rejoin after that month, it didn't work. I am attaching a save file from my PC and a screenshot from my friend. Tell me if a save file from my friend's PC is also needed.

Also i've openned up my ports on my router and we will try again tonight.

EDIT: Not sure if relevant, i own all DLCs while my friend who hosted the game lacked the DLC above.

Steps to reproduce the issue.
1. Have the host load the save file
2. Have 3 people hot join (does not matter if in the same time or no)
3. Have me (Eloquence) choose the Salthyrelian Bliss empire (have not tried it with any other empire)
4. After 3-4 seconds when everyone is loaded and ready unpause the game (we've tried on normal and fast)
5. Days will progress normally for the other 3 players, while nothing will happen from my perspective
6. Notice that time will freeze for everyone, similar to how it freezes when the game is paused
7. Hover over the date on the top right and notice that the 4th player Salthyrelian Bliss is 3 days behind

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments

• hotjoin_2276.03.27.sav
    2,3 MB · Views: 0
  • unknown.png
    unknown.png
    96,6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Solved?
Hello, managed to solve it. I noticed that while testing the save file with my friends that i freeze right after clicking on a specific event (image attached). After clicking my game's time would freeze. We solved it by having me join on my friend's faction and him joining in mine, starting the time, him clicking the vent, noticing that the game's time never froze and then creating a new save and swapping factions again.

Attachments

• unknown.png
    unknown.png
    432,4 KB · Views: 0