Stellaris - [3.2.2] [abcc] consistently crash after first contact with fallen empire, without mods, new game

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

valter7

Private
34 Badges
Apr 12, 2017
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Surviving Mars
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Magicka
I recently started a new game and it constantly crashes to desktop after first contact with fallen empire. This is my second game where I have this bug, my first game was with a mod. I disabled the mods and started a new game, but with the same result.

Steam, all expansions, without mods

Attachments

• stellaris_20220113_130146.zip
    1,2 MB · Views: 0
  • autosave_2208.01.01.sav
    1,9 MB · Views: 0
That error log shows a corrupted game installation. Perhaps the mod caused that.

Please do a full **clean** re-install:

- move any valued save games elsewhere, and user_empire_designs.txt from /Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris/ if you have made any custom empires or races.
- "uninstall" in Steam-Stellaris
- unsubscribe from ALL mods in the Steam Workshop for this game

- manually delete both the Steam/SteamApps/common/Stellaris AND Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris folders
In particular you need to make sure there are no files or folders left under either the Steam Stellaris or Documents Stellaris locations, before installing again.

- re-install game in Steam, run a Steam Verify when done.
- add stellaris.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list.
- start the game with no mods active and test with a new galaxy, NOT with any existing one

Good luck with that!

That error log shows a corrupted game installation. Perhaps the mod caused that.

Please do a full **clean** re-install:

- move any valued save games elsewhere, and user_empire_designs.txt from /Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris/ if you have made any custom empires or races.
- "uninstall" in Steam-Stellaris
- unsubscribe from ALL mods in the Steam Workshop for this game

- manually delete both the Steam/SteamApps/common/Stellaris AND Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris folders
In particular you need to make sure there are no files or folders left under either the Steam Stellaris or Documents Stellaris locations, before installing again.

- re-install game in Steam, run a Steam Verify when done.
- add stellaris.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list.
- start the game with no mods active and test with a new galaxy, NOT with any existing one

Good luck with that!
Thank you for helping! I have not uninstalled the game but I used "verify integrity of game files" on Steam. And it worked! Steam restored 12 files,