Stellaris 3.0.3 Open Beta AI Feedback Discussion and Replies Thread

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am really disappointed that an official AI feedback thread for a Beta patch has led to NO meaningful AI changes before said Beta patch is released.

Stuff like this really pisses me off. Was the point of this thread just to be a support group for all of us that cannot take it how bad the AI is?

• 2Like
Reactions:
I am really disappointed that an official AI feedback thread for a Beta patch has led to NO meaningful AI changes before said Beta patch is released.

Stuff like this really pisses me off. Was the point of this thread just to be a support group for all of us that cannot take it how bad the AI is?

There are two possible answers I can see from the outside: the cynical answer and the optimistic answer. They aren't even at odds; both could be true.

The cynical answer is by throwing AI into the beta, the devs distracted almost all critique from the pop growth changes. It served as red meat tossed to wolves as the villagers made their escape.

The optimistic answer is the devs plan a longer and more thorough change to the AI -- such as a rebuild to reduce opacity, collapse the number of moving parts, and trim legacy deprecated sections that no longer apply to the game as it exists. If that were the case, it'll probably get mentioned at PDXCon tomorrow and the devs don't want to undercut their announcement.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.