• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

slavenolupina

Private
Feb 28, 2020
Description
2.8.0 and 2.8.1 barely playable

Game Version
Both 2.8.0. and 2.8.1.

What version do you use?
Steam

What expansions do you have installed?
Synthetic Dawn, Utopia, Leviathans Story Pack, Apocalypse, Megacorp, Distant Stars, Ancient Relics, Lithoids, Federations

Do you have mods enabled?
Yes

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
Issues i will post here have both allready been posted but i want to express my dissatisfaction with what happened in last 2 weeks.

Issue 1; mod loading time. I play stellaris with around 50 mods and since i started i cant imagine playing without them, mods are for me what make this good game into an infinitly better, great one, almost 10/10. Since the last patch it takes me 20 minutes to load all of my mods past 30% and it took me a good week of not playing but making it playable any time im on the computer. Making this into a thing is in my opinion spitting in the face of the community as mods are the heart of this game. People who dont play with mods should try before they express their opinions. You made a great game yet you didnt put enough diversity into the huge universe you made to make it belivable, mods saved you and you should respect them and the work people put into them, mostly for free unlike you. When mods are disabled and if mods are merged into one (which of course doesnt work for me) it loads under 30 seconds so its obviously not a problem with mods but with game loading them.

Issue 2; after the god damn week and a half of making sure all my mods work and will load after the mentiontioned 20 minutes, there is day tick lagg/stutter, with or without mods. Again, i used the same mods in 2.7.2 and it was loading and there was no day tick lagg so whatever you did in the update made it appear (i also know how to update mods mostly to new patches so again i state, mods are no issue to me or here in this case but the game's managing of mods which unfortunately i cant fix myself, i wish i could i woudn't be doing this.)
(Issue 2 appears to be the same as Bleakbarrow posted and although it didn't occur to me to test if it is connected to sound tracks, in retrospect symptoms appear indentical.)

I basically paid for your dlc to not play the game but to try making it work for a week, and now i give up and im not gonna play stellaris until i click play and it god damn works. The DLC i paid for (necroids but also most of the others) is inferior in terms of content to 98% of the mods that do the same thing yet you ask money for it, yet along with the update it broke half of game despite claims it fixes performance and load times (i mean dudes for me it did complete damn opposite of that). And you know why i paid for the DLC (and all the others)? Becouse i want to support the game and the devs. That is why this is a spit in the face and also a learning experience for me. next time i will reconsider paying for the overpriced 2 origins and a gfx pack and instead support a modder who didnt even ask for money yet made 200 species icons or 20 origins or so on...

Whats the deal? Why can't i play the dlc i bought without thinking will it work, does it work as intended?
(For those who will say play without the mods, devs are not responsible for the mods, i tell, they are responsible to the community and stupid if they dont see the significance of mods to their community and product and also the day tick lagg/stutter happens without mods so... stfu go play stellaris without mods and enjoy yourself and when you do download mods, remember what you were saying and reconsider in shame).

Thank you and please fix your product for the sake of all.

Steps to reproduce the issue.
issue 1; load more than 20 mods (which work with 2.8.X.) and observe load time
issue 2; load stellaris with or without mods and pray to all the gods it shows in the first 1 minute, or wait until it shows (or in 1/12 times you start a game it kinda doesnt show at the beggining and then mysteriously starts).

Upload Attachment
(DID NOT ANSWER QUESTION)

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Upvote 0
Hello and thankyou for the report. While I appreciate the frustration with the issues you are experiencing, the bug report section of this forum functions best when posts are kept to just information relevant to the report. Please keep this in mind for the future.

For the Mods loading slowly issue, we are aware of the issue and are working towards a solution. We are also aware of the stuttering issue while paused and playing music.

If you have any additional issues please let us know.

Thankyou.

• 2Like
Reactions: