• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

PDXKatten

Community Manager
Administrator
Paradox Staff
QA
Oct 14, 2022
Hello there!

I hope you are all enjoying the new expansion. e've identified two issues that need a quick fix. Rest assured, this hotfix won't impact your saved games!

The update will be available on the Microsoft Store at the earliest opportunity.

Bugfixes
- Fix political screen to show MIOs in MP for clients that do not possess Arms Against Tyranny
- Support divisions with multiplicative battalion modifiers will no longer be further multiplied by the number of division types of the target type in the template. Tl;dr: no mega artillery stacking with rangers now.

• 15Like
  • 3Haha
Reactions:
more on the cosmetic side but when flipping communist the swedish flag will stay the same as democratic, also when flipping fascist I have seen sweden turn dark blue but when I played it it stayed the same color

edit: the same thing that happened in my communist swedish playthrough happened in my fascist playthrough right now, sweden keeping it's old flag and name as if it was still democratic

Last edited:
When you select a MIO to do a research, you can cut the research time using military points but it won't subtract the amount from your pool, meaning free research boost.

Reactions:
This is the bug, in case you need the info. @Developers

Attachments

• High Agility MIO.png
    High Agility MIO.png
    724,9 KB · Views: 0
Reactions:
Hey, any update on AI Italy struggling to beat Ethiopia? In my last "historical" game Ethiopia never capitulated, joined the Allies, and the Allies capped Italy instead by early 1938.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Concerning German Air Designer Dornier designed the Do 335 'Pfeil' which is an iconic tail and frontal (dual engine) propelled fighter, so the Designer should be usable for Fighters as well.

Also Messerschmitt compared to Focke-Wulff:
Messerschmitt fighters were known for a nimble design and high adaptability to new tasks.
Focke-Wullf fighters were known for high speed and high firepower and sturdiness.

The tank design companies of Germany are not unique or good at all compared to the Allies' design companies.

For a short describtion of some designers (several nations).

US' Sherman was a reliable mass produced tank being more reliable than the T-34 by far. Concerning reliability and cost it should be the best by design (Detroit Arsenal)

Germany's Tiger was a force to be reckoned with and feared by most Allied tank crews. A extremely high range and piercing performance compared to most Alllied tanks. Basically firepower and breakthrough (Henschel) with the option and less reliable but faster (Porsche) version. The Tiger II on the other hand was a really well designed (Porsche), the Elefant or Ferdinant was an effective Tank destroyer designed by (Porsche) based on the Tiger I Chassis.
Germany's Jagdtiger designed by (Porsche and Henschel) had the strongest tank destroyer gun in WW2, the gun was designed by (Krupp).

UK's Churchill was a sturdy and highly armoured infantry tank but slow. (Vauxhall)
UK's Sherman 'Firefly' was a makeshift Tank to deal with Tiger I tanks. High performance piercing compared to the base Sherman. (Vickers)

Soviet's T-34 was an extremely cheap but also extremely unreliable tank good enough to stop the enemy but would break down more often than being able to fight (Mytischy machine building plant)
Soviet's IS-2 was the most reliable heavy tank with probably the best gun being used in the '44 variant. Yes, the German Tiger II was comparable and had better armour but the Gun was a tiny bit weaker. (Kirov)

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'm sorry but since it doesn't affect saves that's not so true , my hours saved game has gone to the....s!!! and from what I read in the comments on Steam I'm not the only one, what a way to update.....

I'm sorry but since it doesn't affect saves that's not so true , my hours saved game has gone to the....s!!! and from what I read in the comments on Steam I'm not the only one, what a way to update.....
If you have a 1.12 save game, you should be able to load it in the 1.12 rollback, as long as you don't have a bunch of mods loaded that are updated for 1.13.

If you have a 1.12 save game, you should be able to load it in the 1.12 rollback, as long as you don't have a bunch of mods loaded that are updated for 1.13.
Hi, I didn't have it in version 1.13 and mostly had cosmetic mods, I have seen in the error. log line and it is this ([1939.07.02.01][production.cpp:2370]: Skipped adding equipment "Bofors 3.7cm Pansarvärnskanon m/37" to POL as it's conflicting with existing equipment "Przeciwpancerna 37mm wz.36" (anti_tank_equipment_1, version 0, creator POL) , uhmm I don't know if it can be applied to a bug by mod or the game itself, thanks

this hotfix does not fix all issues introduced by "battalion_mult", at least I still observe below issues

1. infantry entrenchment provided by engineer
2. infantry initiative provided by long range patrol
3. artillery organization provided by pioneer support
4. infantry organization provided by light armored car recon
5. armor equipment capture provided by maintenance company

Last edited:
Reactions:
this hotfix does not fix all issues introduced by "battalion_mult", at least I still observe below issues

1. infantry entrenchment provided by engineer
2. infantry initiative provided by long range patrol
3. artillery organization provided by pioneer support
4. infantry organization provided by light armored car recon
5. armor equipment capture provided by maintenance company
We are aware of it, additive modifiers from support company are not working as intended and will be fixed.

• 5Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Next patch
Dear PDX team!
I assumed Hotfixes are considered as a patch, probably I was wrong. It (2x50% air attack modifier for Supermarine, Mitsubishi) is still not fixed and I think it is pretty gamebraking - or is it not that important in air combat anymore? When can we expect the fix? Thanks in advance!

Dear PDX team!
I assumed Hotfixes are considered as a patch, probably I was wrong. It (2x50% air attack modifier for Supermarine, Mitsubishi) is still not fixed and I think it is pretty gamebraking - or is it not that important in air combat anymore? When can we expect the fix? Thanks in advance!
hotfixes are patches outside the normal patch plan we have, they fix critical game issues only due to the fact we have to get the changes tested before sending it out. you can try out the fix in the current open beta patch though.

• 1Like
Reactions: