• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Feb 16, 2013
Sorry but my problem with the game is not solved, i can't save, if i enable (cause i don't like cloud) cloud save the game crash when try to load, if disable the option the save remain till i quit the game, when i quit and restart the game the save files are gone, i'm tired of redoing the tutorial -.-
Please fix this problem, i really would like to play the game.

Upvote 0
I have the same problem although ive been complaining about it on the 'suggestions' forum because I didn't notice this one until just now. Your save files are in your my documents folder not the saved games folder and based on what I can tell it seems the saves are related to the profile in some way...but because the profile is only saved on the steam cloud side of things it becomes impossable to load these saves because the profile information doesn't exsist. But some of this is speculation all I really know for sure is I have a bunch of saved games I can't load and the save problem is being looked into from what ive read in the steam patch notes. I also don't use cloud...at all...and the game didn't specify it required it when I purchaced it. So id like either a fix or a refund but the developers are a small team so its gonna take time for them to put out a fix. Its a twenty dollar game not a sixty so I gotta give the developers some slack. No body else does though but I feel the need to at least.

thank you for the explanation.
Yeah i know they are a small one. But i really can't play the game cause my internet disconnect often, moreover when there is bad weather like theese days. I just hope they fix this as it's possible. thank you again

No problem im glad to help and I certainly know the feeling. Some people don't want to have to have an internet connection to play their game alone or with your family member in the next room. Anyways hopefully this internet connection required to reasonably play solo and keep save files useful is fixed soon.

Unfortunately it doesn't makes alot of difference if you have a permanent net connection atm. Because Steam users will crash 50% of the time when you try to save a game mid mission. Then on restart your save will be gone forcing you to start level all over again. A bug that was created by the last patch.

Very Annoying.

It would be nice if the Devs made a comment on this problem on this forum, as all ive seen is one tiny line on the steam forums (where there is alot of unhappy pple)

fixing it bfre the metacritic rating condemns this game to obscurity would be kinda good for all involved.

Yep...in their patch they broke the save system so now they have two save problems instead of one. Kind of like fixing the plumbing at the expense of the wireing. Sure your house isn't flooded anymore but now its on fire.

Not a REAL story...just a metaphor for how the developers kinda shot themselves in the leg with the patch. Lets just hope to put out the fires they don't get the bright idea of breaking the plumbing again to do it. Because that'll put out the fire but flood the house again only this time the water will be electrified. Following the same metaphor for houseing problems naturally.

Thank you Axeno I admit im very glad to see that the steam cloud dependancy will be removed and we can play and save offline for real now. A nice side note about fixing the problems with the save game crashes but that didn't have an impact on me personally because of the initial steam cloud issue. So with any luck this patch will fix all my problems and then I can take a detailed opionion about how much I dislike ladders to the other forum for suggestions. Only that seems such a hot topic that id have to use another metaphor involveing a house burning down around you to describe what it'd be like to argue that again. Ahem. Anyways thanks again Axeno for pointing that out.

cerberis i know you were using a metaphor -.-
bad story is just a way of saying referred to the whole situation.
Thanks axeno
Sorry axlol heh I really liked the metaphor though...and I haven't had any troubles with the third mission since the patch...well except that the Fralia woman won't give me my reward for killing all the ratmen in her cellar. I was trying 'option 2: kill the rats' but they are dead and I don't have my reward...it kinda sucks...

Sorry axlol heh I really liked the metaphor though...and I haven't had any troubles with the third mission since the patch...well except that the Fralia woman won't give me my reward for killing all the ratmen in her cellar. I was trying 'option 2: kill the rats' but they are dead and I don't have my reward...it kinda sucks...

Did you manage to kill the Ratman before the dialog was over?

Thanks for pointing out this bug, it should be fixed for the next version.

Did you manage to kill the Ratman before the dialog was over?

Sorry for not responding sooner and yea im pretty sure I whiped out the ratmen before they were done talking about it since I walked into the room and it seemed like entire room went after my guys. Which was ok because it just turned into the ratmen walking to their own deaths.

Thanks for pointing out this bug, it should be fixed for the next version.

Glad to hear it although I attacked the woman anyways just because I had no other real option at the time...I may go back and redo if its a big deal though.