• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Dustin D

Recruit
7 Badges
Sep 27, 2018
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • BATTLETECH
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
Just bought the game today from playing the free version of 2.
Saw there was a bundle of +1, 2, and Galaxy so I picked it up.

I play on two PCs and have an issue getting it to Cloud Sync. I registered my Paradox account, logged in, and whenever I try to save or advance a quest I get the attached screenshot. Transcribed below.
"Load File Error
[0x000000] in <filename unknown>:0 at
Mono.Security.Protocol.TLS.RecordProtocol.InternalRec"

The rest is obscured.
I have tried logging out of my account and back in from within the game, restarted the game, and verified my game files from Steam.

I didn't have an issue with the free version of 2 so I'm curious if this game is just no longer supported by Paradox for Cloud Sync.

Attachments

• Knights.png
    Knights.png
    164,2 KB · Views: 29
Well, it's not supported full stop! At least in the sense of there going to be any more updates or patches.

However we are starting to see some login issue pop up in the last few weeks despite the game itself not being changed. No idea how or why. Not the same as you see but log in errors of various sorts.

That login issue was a year ago. I just tested it here and it works fine. If you change your password to just standard Latin alphanumerics, does that work?

All logging in does is enable backup of the saves to our cloud servers, so if you don't care about that you can not do it.

If you are on Android the saves are in
"\Internal storage\Android\data\com.beholdstudios.knightspp\files\"

The file name is: "data.kopp"

So you could back that file up manually yourself.