Starving eve though production is double of consumption

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Booty Cheek420

Recruit
Jun 21, 2019
25 of my colonist have died already because food instantly disapears after its set in the food storage. 4 more have died as im writing this. My 9 hour gameplay is ruined because of this bug. I focused on food for hours to make aure this didnt happen and had a huge surplus that just disappeared and then the food stopped working completely. I have cookhouses, wide piers and upgraded trappers and i still xant sustain a colony of 15 as of now

Even the food i scavenge, which has been 40+ each time, disappears as soon as its set in my food storage. Ive encountered this bug 3 times now and its stopped me from continuing farther than day 45. I hope this gets fixed because i like this game but i cant play it if the game is broken like this.

I've seen this too! I thought it was because I'd got too many colonists too quickly, but I had production way above consumption as well! At one point I had production at around 50, consumption at around 30 and I still had zero food!

• 1Like
Reactions:
I have also encountered this is several games. I also have run into an issue in some games where the harvested crops appear to be working but I am unable to create a reserve of meat and fish even though the consumption is 20 less than the production.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hey guys! Just letting y'all know that this is probably a bug since they just stop taking food for no reason but it seems adding a cookhouse and turning that food into a meal fixes the problem. I make 20+ food on fish and it always disappears but since i spammed trappers for meat and boosted their production speed and then upgraded the cookhouse all the way, i am on day 110 and havent even had my people starve yet, mind you they are poorly nourished but no one has died and everyone gets to eat lol. You only need one cookhouse since it takes 4 meat and turns it into 5 meals which is super convenient.
I make 64 food and consume 48 and i have a surplus of different foods. All you really need to do is focus on scouting the map for science, grabbing that and working on your food tech tree. After cookhouses are researched. you're golden.

Another tip is that if you have a big forest. setting trappers near eachother doesnt slow down their production or affect the flow of food. So you can actually spam trappers in the same forest to save some space in your colony.

Everything seems to work correctly until I get to around 130 colonists and I have been making mixed meals for a while. Then the meat reserves slowly disappear until it can't keep up even when production is 25 greater than consumption. I switched to making vegi-meals and then the meat eventually starts to return to it's previous levels and the malnutrition unhappiness went down to around -125 from -850.

Hi all!

I'll take a close look at the situation here, hopefully we can figure out what could be causing this! Thanks for reporting it, if you notice anything similar, please do not hesitate to post here or use the feedback bug in the game :)