• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(113565)

Sergeant
2 Badges
Sep 5, 2008
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Sengoku
Not sure on this. Started a new game as Nanbu, my leaders wife is randomly generated. Neither the leader or spouse have the inbred trait. One son is generated at game start, scripted I think, as he has no mother! Then I play and two more children are born, both normal. Then I save the game and continue later. On resuming 3 further children are born and all have inbred trait...

It is as if the act of saving and loading a game early like this, erases the fact that the scripted spouse is generated at game start and is therefore a special case that should not cause the inbred trait. It seems that on resumption the game looks at her dynasty, then the leaders dynasty and as both are from the same clan, the chance of inbred trait goes up..? Though it seems very high at 100%, as no normal children were born after resuming.

Anyway, I have noticed that there are some minor difference between what info is saved in a saved game and what is retained in the game memory during unbroken play. Loading can reset a few things, like the available generals list, but maybe some that can be quite important are not written into saves.

Last edited:
Upvote 0