• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

The-Eradicator

Captain
24 Badges
Oct 2, 2014
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
I saw on the gameplay video that the starter road is a big massive highway. I was wondering why wouldn't the devs just put one small country side road that we would then enlarge more and more as the city grows? This would be so much more realistic. As this road gets more and more busy, we would deviate it from town center, turn it into a ring or half ring around town or just split the city in two with a highway in the middle... I prefer to start from 100% scratch than having a highway to begin with

Upvote 0
I saw on the gameplay video that the starter road is a big massive highway. I was wondering why wouldn't the devs just put one small country side road that we would then enlarge more and more as the city grows? This would be so much more realistic. As this road gets more and more busy, we would deviate it from town center, turn it into a ring or half ring around town or just split the city in two with a highway in the middle... I prefer to start from 100% scratch than having a highway to begin with

And thus the magic of custom maps happens! That road can be replaced :)

Fantastic! And I wanted to say as a member of the www.generation-cities.com forums , that we are very thrilled about this game and its potential. What you are doing with such a small team is awesome and on a personnal note, I will take every single DLC you guys have to offer so it can add as depth as possible to game play. SUATMM !!