• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

RhysTheT00n

T00NYBOY
Dec 29, 2019
I don't know if this happens with other guns or weapons but with missile bays and Hanger bays on Defense Platforms I've had enemy corvette fleets charge in with absolutely not visible response from the Starbase or in the combat log. I've checked their ship composition and none of their ships are using any form of Point Defense. Reloading the save seems to solve the issue temporarily. I am using a standard Xbox One with all current DLCs enabled on Grand Admiral, 600 stars, 5X crisis with Advanced AI starts and max Fallen Empires and Mauraders with 1X planets, primitives and wormhole/gateway pairs.

Upvote 0
try tweaking the defense platforms to see if it is just an issue with that combo or those particular sections

i.e. have 3 different setups
1 that doesn't use either
1 that only uses missile bays
1 that only uses hangar bays

and then place them at different places in your empire where they can do their job

i realize this might take some time to fiddle with but it should help narrow down a possible cause/fix

try tweaking the defense platforms to see if it is just an issue with that combo or those particular sections

i.e. have 3 different setups
1 that doesn't use either
1 that only uses missile bays
1 that only uses hangar bays

and then place them at different places in your empire where they can do their job

i realize this might take some time to fiddle with but it should help narrow down a possible cause/fix
The defense platforms only have scout craft since it's early game and the starbase turrets are missiles because I don't have Hangar bays. Since they are both not firing I would imagine it would be the same for everything else. It's not that the Scout Craft aren't shooting, it's that they aren't deploying at all, which would suggest it's got something to do with the Starbase's aggression mechanics