• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Ea90s

Corporal
11 Badges
Mar 8, 2019
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
I feel like this may be a fairly obvious question but would like confirmation if I'm correct and clarification if I'm wrong.
What effects do population controls cause? Frankly I'd love to kick a trouble causing conquered species out of my newly acquired territory but can't purge or displace due to xenophilia.
Will population controls keep them from reproducing until they eventually die off?

I believe it stops them from producing other pops, but I don't think they "die" off, they will probably be there forever unless you resettle them or purge them.

I feel like this may be a fairly obvious question but would like confirmation if I'm correct and clarification if I'm wrong.
What effects do population controls cause? Frankly I'd love to kick a trouble causing conquered species out of my newly acquired territory but can't purge or displace due to xenophilia.
Will population controls keep them from reproducing until they eventually die off?
Xenophile and Pacifist are by far the most restrictive way to play because of reasons exactly like this. You can't get rid of undesirables and it annoys the crap out of my OCD.