• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Mike Langlois

Corporal
5 Badges
May 27, 2020
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Magicka
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
Hey all,

I am trying to get my last achievement for getting a chirpy tornado, and I swear I must be doing something wrong. I am up to about year 2127 on my city, and have random disasters on max. My city is a healthy population, profitable etc. Not just an empty plot of land.

Do I need to have something special, like run down houses that need upgrading or does that not matter? I feel like I am close to, or even over, triple digits in terms of disasters that have hit this city and still not got it unlocked.

Any help greatly appreciated! Running on Xbox Series X, with all DLC installed except Campus and Sunset Harbour. Am I just that unlucky?

The chirpnado is just super-rare. I've got about 5000 hours on the game and I've only seen it once.

And even then that was a specially made savegame someone put up on Steam Workshop.

So theres nothing known that might help it spawn, or even criteria that stops it from spawning? For example most of my buildings cant be upgraded anymore, will that stop it showing up? Should I have a slum city to try to encourage it appearing?

Any help appreciated because at this point its really disheartening. Nothing should be this rare lol

There is no guide or solution to get this achievement unlocked.
You are required to have " Use random disasters" enabled in your options. there is no evidence on the frequency effecting it, but i keep it maxed out. Now the issue with this special disaster is. that it has a 0.40% chance to show up on your map ( scenario or normal game play ). you're not required to start a new map. and it will spawn on any map type. and population doesn't matter. there has been reports of it as little as 5,000 population.
the ending statement on this achievement. you could get it in 1 hour or 1000 hours. and there is very little information about this. as most pc players used the dev tools to hack the achievement.
Good luck to those who are lucky enough to see this.
(leaving game idle will NOT work. if you don't have any population in your city)

Yeah I saw that on TrueAchievements. I guess I was just hoping for some kind of hint from the devs if theres anything that might stop it from spawning or something.

Or something like if I keep triggering tornados is there a chance one of them will be it? Or can it only be random

Guess will just keep building and rebuilding and hope RNG is on my side

It's one of only 2 achievements that I have not yet gotten. (The other is "Education Nation".)

Nothing should be this rare lol
I don't have "Space Ponies!" on "Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion" either (I did have it on the original game, but not on Steam).
It can be a bit frustrating if you get everything else, and the last thing is just a super rare random thing.