• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

King Korihor

Private
23 Badges
Mar 15, 2015
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Prison Architect
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Island Bound
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
I saw the following images from the talk that Elon Musk gave today in Sydney and I could only think of this game and how the stuff in these images need to be modded into the game eventually:
DK3hRPMXkAA420k.jpg

ivRqjjO.jpg

This is the kind of thing that I'm hoping to see in this game is to be able to create a layout just like this. That actual aerospace engineers are making stuff like this and that those models in this image are from actual engineering CAD blueprint models is something that simply blows my mind.

I saw the following images from the talk that Elon Musk gave today in Sydney and I could only think of this game and how the stuff in these images need to be modded into the game eventually:
DK3hRPMXkAA420k.jpg

ivRqjjO.jpg

This is the kind of thing that I'm hoping to see in this game is to be able to create a layout just like this. That actual aerospace engineers are making stuff like this and that those models in this image are from actual engineering CAD blueprint models is something that simply blows my mind.
Yep the talk was super inspiring and I really loved this layout. In the game the order in which you build and where you build is up to you, so your colonies will look as beautiful or as scruffy as you like - we have been adding so many new features since we revealed the gameplay that I wish I could share with you as judging by this you'd be quite excited. However, for now I have to keep quiet about it.

I will say though, that Surviving Mars will be fully modable - so the possibilities are only limited by the imagination and skill of the modder. I can't wait to see where people go with it - both in terms of how they play it vanilla and with what mods they create.

:)