Space Stations and Titan class vessels?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
In other space strategy games titans tend to be end-game units. Other names for such things include doomstars, dreadnoughts, and leviathans. I'm particularly partial to that last one, although my favorite scenario would involve titans being the second-biggest class above battleships, cruisers, and so on, with leviathans being the biggest even dwarfing titans.

I'd prefer the game be less about each class of ship 'dwarfing' the one below it to get increasingly more ridiculous. My ideal power balance would be something like destroyers/corvettes being support oriented ships that are critical to aiding your capital ships (ie ships of the line), which themselves are available in large enough numbers to form the core of any mid game fleet.

Any sort of super weapon ship, or battle station should be an optional, expensive, and very situational/risky tech...not a normal progression from earlier ships.

Reactions:
I'd prefer the game be less about each class of ship 'dwarfing' the one below it to get increasingly more ridiculous. My ideal power balance would be something like destroyers/corvettes being support oriented ships that are critical to aiding your capital ships (ie ships of the line), which themselves are available in large enough numbers to form the core of any mid game fleet.

Any sort of super weapon ship, or battle station should be an optional, expensive, and very situational/risky tech...not a normal progression from earlier ships.
I expect big ships to be exactly what they are on the tin- Big, slow, expensive, and scary.

And I believe space station are to expected, for any space game.

I expect big ships to be exactly what they are on the tin- Big, slow, expensive, and scary.

And I believe space station are to expected, for any space game.

I would like to see those big slow and scary ships to be a laughing stock if not properly supported. If you throw a dozen battleships unsupported into a fight I would like to see them get eaten alive by a well mixed fleet, like they are terrible defending themselves against fighters and destroyers because their big scary guns are meant to take down battleships, cruisers, and planetary defense stations for example and can't track the smaller faster craft very well.

Personly I never liked the idea of titans, such huge and massive ship for me feels alittle unrealistic considering the amount of resoruces and manpower it needs to be built.

Personly I never liked the idea of titans, such huge and massive ship for me feels alittle unrealistic considering the amount of resoruces and manpower it needs to be built.

For my part I can see them as vanity flagships for empires and the like, as well as a show of power.

"Behold, this is what we can do, don't even think about challenging us until you can do something similar, because if so we will kick your teeth in."

I would like to see those big slow and scary ships to be a laughing stock if not properly supported. If you throw a dozen battleships unsupported into a fight I would like to see them get eaten alive by a well mixed fleet, like they are terrible defending themselves against fighters and destroyers because their big scary guns are meant to take down battleships, cruisers, and planetary defense stations for example and can't track the smaller faster craft very well.
You could just put smaller quicker guns on it to fight smaller vessels. These huge battleships have enough space on them to be a mixed fleet itself.

You could just put smaller quicker guns on it to fight smaller vessels. These huge battleships have enough space on them to be a mixed fleet itself.

Since we have ship customization that is entirely possible, but don't be overly surprised when your jack of all trades comes up against a battleship designed to specialize in its role and eats the jack of all trades alive because it can't compete as effectively in its primary role.

There was a space station in the trailer. However, it is unknown what they can be used for.
I think they can be scientific, trade, warfare or fuel stations.

Since we have ship customization that is entirely possible, but don't be overly surprised when your jack of all trades comes up against a battleship designed to specialize in its role and eats the jack of all trades alive because it can't compete as effectively in its primary role.
When you keep the chassis of the ship and put different weapon loadouts on it you can manage a fairly high production while having some specialized ships in the fleet to counter something like that.