• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moltke said:
Oh, and Badass; why after defeating the Yanks do the Texans turn communist? I have low taxes, and being laissez-faire cannot enact any reforms. Just curious!

The philosophical changes in POPs are event driven, mainly after you finish researching economic and cultural techs. As was the tenor of the times, all but the earliest ones push society leftward.

BTW, the group I've seen going mostly communist are the freedmen. An unintentional result in the mod, but one I find fascinating and rather Turtledove-ian.

Moltke said:
Hey, those are the Southern States bud. ;) I borrowed that pic from a period piece, Harper's Weekly. The editors of that paper in 1861 provided the graphical division, I just colored it properly. Why such animosity? (perhaps I misread you)

Moltke, nah no hostility, more in the light of what and who really seceded. :D Beyond that, a good pic and well done. Would you consider doing a Nappy mod frontend like that? ;)

Hell, why would I be hostile in the thread of a mod I am SO enjoying? :D

That may be Harper's weekly's 'impression', but the voters of those states I mentioned voted differently. ;)

By the way, in the current game as the CSA, I got ole Jack to clear Kentucky, be damned if I ever let Bragg anywhere near an army, and the boys done right and joined their Southern bretheren. While Marse Robert is givin the yanks the whut fer in Virginia. :D

Oh, CSABadass, Been negelecting my Nappy mod, cus o this mod. Spending way too much time playin it. ;)

Cheers, Thorgrimm

GC and ACW

Most of the times the ACW starts in GC, its like an useless thing that only empowers the USA a bit more at the end.

By the time of ACW USA in GC have far much more militiary and industrial level than it haves when House Divided scenario starts.

Except for Virginia and maybe texas if lucky there is no industry in the CSA playing GC, the AI/capitalists dont build factories anywhere.

The result of a GC ACW is that the CSA is DOMMED military 1 vs 10 (maybe more), and inexistent industry to support war.

Is there a way to deal with this? i dont know.. this is just a comment, it would be great to see a decent CSA war in GC, and just maybe if the CSA just survives, a diff outcome.

BTW the mod is great, im having fun using it, thanks a lot for your works!

Thorgrimm said:
Moltke, nah no hostility, more in the light of what and who really seceded. :D Beyond that, a good pic and well done. Would you consider doing a Nappy mod frontend like that? ;)

Hell, why would I be hostile in the thread of a mod I am SO enjoying? :D

That may be Harper's weekly's 'impression', but the voters of those states I mentioned voted differently. ;)

I didn't even know about the Napoleonic Mod but it looks awesome. I'm definitely going to try it out! I'll see what kind of scene I can throw together with my meager skills.

For the record I did crop Kentucky, Missouri (who needs 'em?) and Delaware/Maryland from the map. The map just looked funny, so I'm currently looking for another good (and accurate) CSA map. I'm not looking hard, granted, because I'm spending most of my free time playing this mod!

Goodness gracious! Sake's alive!
I can't believe this missed my eye!
For someone with a name like mine,
This mod should be better'n 'shine!

Finally, a serious attempt to cleanup and make right the The War to Suppress Yankee Arrogance. ;)

We all thank you, suh.

birdman said:
Most of the times the ACW starts in GC, its like an useless thing that only empowers the USA a bit more at the end.

BTW the mod is great, im having fun using it, thanks a lot for your works!

@Thorgrimm: Thanks--I really appreciate the kind words!

I think the ACW in GC presents the same problems as the Great War does in all but the 1914 scenario. There's too many ways to knock history off its course prior to the historical start dates to get anything other than ahistorical results.

I've tried to make SR compatible with the GC, but without a slew of no-fun events beating history constantly to keep it on track, I don't think it's possible to get a satisfying ACW out of the GC.

Thanks for the compliments--glad you're enjoying the mod!

Last edited:
RELee said:
Goodness gracious! Sake's alive!
I can't believe this missed my eye!
For someone with a name like mine,
This mod should be better'n 'shine!

Finally, a serious attempt to cleanup and make right the The War to Suppress Yankee Arrogance. ;)

We all thank you, suh.

LOL! You're very welcome--hope you enjoy the mod!

CSABadass said:
So far, I haven't observed the scenario you describe. If I do, I *will* look at other alternatives.

The problem I see with your proposed fix is it would cause the Cherokee to flee Seqouyah in the interim between Southern victory and emancipation, something that obviously makes no sense.

What if Cherokee is made a state culture?

http://www.patriotist.com/cherokee.htm <- Cherokee/CSA treaty

"ART. XXIX. It is also further agreed that the members of the Cherokee Nation shall have the same right of traveling, driving stock, and halting to recruit the same in any of the Confederate States as is given citizens of the Confederate States by the preceding article."

"ART. XXXV. All persons who are members of the Cherokee Nation shall hereafter be competent as witnesses in all case, civil and criminal, in the courts of the Confederate States, unless rendered incompetent from some other cause than their Indian blood or descent."

"ART. XLIV. In order to enable the Cherokee Nation to claim its rights and secure its interests without the intervention of counsel or agents, it shall be entitled to a Delegate to the House of Representatives of the Confederate State of America..."

The Cherokee were also allowed to manage their own affairs within the Indian Territory (capitalists, maybe?)

The Cherokee also provided several military units to the CSA, as shown here:

http://www.thepeoplespaths.net/history/CherConfed.htm

I'm also fairly certain they were offered the ability to become a State of the Confederacy.

Rocketman said:
What if Cherokee is made a state culture?

I've been debating what to do in the mod about the fate of the Cherokee after the war. Making them a satellite isn't really an option (because the US just repeatedly declares colonial war until it crushes them. Bastards.:)).

I kinda think the satellite option is the most plausible one, but I'm still mulling it over.

Thanks for the suggestion in any case!

Moltke said:
What ever happened to pop conversion? I figured the Cherokee and Pueblo would eventually assimilate into model Dixie pops, is this not possible?

I've never seen them assimiliate completely, or even mostly.

CSABadass said:
I've been debating what to do in the mod about the fate of the Cherokee after the war. Making them a satellite isn't really an option (because the US just repeatedly declares colonial war until it crushes them. Bastards.:)).

I kinda think the satellite option is the most plausible one, but I'm still mulling it over.

Thanks for the suggestion in any case!

An ai event for the US to drop its core claims on them? Or just incorporate them in to the CS.

HMS Enterprize said:
An ai event for the US to drop its core claims on them? Or just incorporate them in to the CS.

The US already drops its core claims on Oklahoma in the SR mod if it loses the ACW. Problem is its AI files are scripted to hate all the other revolt nations, but I guess I could change that for the Cherokee, too.

Thanks for making me think of that!

CSABadass said:
The US already drops its core claims on Oklahoma in the SR mod if it loses the ACW. Problem is its AI files are scripted to hate all the other revolt nations, but I guess I could change that for the Cherokee, too.

Thanks for making me think of that!

Are you sure on that...I used to have a CSA mod where the US would break into all its components...once the core claims had been removed the US would rarely DOW any of them...

Although this was a USA that was much weaker than just a US/CS split...I dunno...

HMS Enterprize said:
Are you sure on that...I used to have a CSA mod where the US would break into all its components...once the core claims had been removed the US would rarely DOW any of them...

Although this was a USA that was much weaker than just a US/CS split...I dunno...

Maybe it's something that was changed for V:R--or is only in the alternate "CSA wins the ACW" AI files, but yes, I am quite sure.

Rocketman said:
The Democrats are Anarcho-Liberal. Anarcho-Liberals ruling the South?! :eek:

Part of something I've just taken heed of--when the Whigs and Democrats stop being pro-slavery, their stands on all other issues change radically as well. Oh, those wacky people at Paradox...

Gives me something to play around with in the next update at any rate.

CSABadass said:
Part of something I've just taken heed of--when the Whigs and Democrats stop being pro-slavery, their stands on all other issues change radically as well. Oh, those wacky people at Paradox...

But this was in 1861 at scenario start...

Rocketman said:
But this was in 1861 at scenario start...

Sure, but the very *second* the CSA frees its slaves, the Democrats go from laissez faire/free trade/jingoism to interventionism/protectionism/pro military.

The third one isn't a huge leap, but it seems really odd the Dems decide to completely flip on two other issues just because of emancipation. Plus, as the original poster indicated, it sounds kinda weird an anarcho-liberal party ever rules the South.

Emancipation changes the Whigs from conservative/protectionism to liberal/laissez faire. Not as dramatic as the Dems, but still quite a switch.

Maybe these changes represent what the parties would've stood for in the long run (e.g., today's American Democrats stand for very different things than their antebellum forebearers), all's we're sayin' is that it looks odd in the short-run.

This might be worth modding or not. Right now, I'm kind of inclined to leave it alone, but I will take a look at it once I'm done on the new version of my DD mod.

Thanks for weighing in on this, Rocketman--I really appreciate (and rely on) the feedback you good folks provide!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.