• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Perhaps if we had intervened then Bulgarians and Greeks wouldn't have to die. The sight of the German army would have made them run in fear and prevented bloodshed. Now both sides suffer while we stand idle and watch.
That's like china fighting in the east with japan and some little minor just gives up at the sight of thier massive army togeather, but both these scenarios won't happen beacuse they will fight to the end. What about the Greeks and the Persians fighting thousands of years ago, 30000 Greek man bet 100000 Persians, they're gonna take thier chance and try and win

Given the despicably selfish and cowardly actions of the Reichstag recently, my only plan for foreign policy is to improve our relations with Bulgaria and try to renew our alliance with them.

No. By all means try to improve our relations with Bulgaria, but unless or until the Foreign Minister can explain under what possible circumstances Bulgaria might meaningfully contribute to Germany's defence (and what aggressor might be insane enough to go to war with Germany and yet be deterred by Bulgaria), I call upon every member of the Assembly to oppose another pointless alliance. We were not willing to go to war for someone else's benefit; we should not agree that we would go to war the next time. If German troops must fight, they should fight for German goals.

Selfish, pffft. We only have out nations best interests at heart and that means not sending thousands of men to die a death that they don't need to even the men on Bulgaria, Athens and grecce don't deserve to die

I am in full agreement. Why should we favor Bulgarian lives over Athenian ones? The imperialists love to play God an decide who lives and dies. Look how well that policy worked in Spain.

-Carlo Brunelli

I am in full agreement. Why should we favor Bulgarian lives over Athenian ones? The imperialists love to play God an decide who lives and dies. Look how well that policy worked in Spain.

-Carlo Brunelli

Herr Brunelli, if you believe that military alliances are formed on the basis of which lives are more important, then I suggest you find a career more suited to your unique abilities than government.

Herr Brunelli, if you believe that military alliances are formed on the basis of which lives are more important, then I suggest you find a career more suited to your unique abilities than government.

But that is how alliances are formed. Many members of the government arbitrarily decided that Bulgarian loves held more value because Bulgaria would serve Germany's strategic needs. They have never explained why this is the case, though.

But that is how alliances are formed. Many members of the government arbitrarily decided that Bulgarian loves held more value because Bulgaria would serve Germany's strategic needs. They have never explained why this is the case, though.

Bulgaria is an important buffer state, just as Transylvania is, and that was why we marched into Transylvania to preserve our sphere of influence, and protect the Republic from its enemies.

~Konrad von Schwaben, Head of the Corps of the Gendarmerie.

I agree that we should revive our alliance with Bulgaria. Despite what some members of the Reichstag are saying, Bulgaria is an important buffer state. Perhaps those that speak ill of Bulgaria might be reminded that it is one of a few nations that keeps the Greeks from massing at our borders.

Alliances have no basis in population statistics or likely casualties; they are instead made by the sizes of armies, the number of troops, the skills of commanders. Bulgaria serves Germany's needs, by acting as our proxy in the ongoing shadow war with Byzantium. Though war has not been declared, enmity still holds, and Bulgaria is important in this: it is the pendulum, seining every which way, and we must make it swing our way, to release it at the enemy.
Stadholder JH de Spinoza

((Assembly has to vote on Foreign Policy plan now. Assembly only, folks!))

I vote to approve the Foreign Ministry plan.

Hals Gutfreund, Minister of War and member of the Assembly

Naturally, I approve the plan.

~ Friedrich von Hohenstaufen, Foreign Minister

I propose enacting Universal suffrage so that all our male citizens of age can participate in the democratic process that makes our fair republic. For too long, we have excluded millions of our citizens, which has lead to needless violence and bloodshed.

Speaking of unnecessary violence and bloodshed, why should we sacrifice German lives to help the greedy Bulgarians. At least we did not waste previous lives in the sinkhole that is Castille.

Liberian Statehood: Aye

The people of Liberia deserve representation equal to that of all citizens.

-Carlo Brunelli

((Is the chancellor considered head of state?))
((Nope.))

((Is the chancellor considered head of state?))

((He's about the only person I could see who would be, seeing as we don't have a monarch or a PM for him to contend with, so I'd say so.))

Just in case my vote got drowned out in the continuous debating within the Reichstag, I also support the foreign policy.

((I didn't want my vote to get lost in the debate since I gave it before you called for a vote, Avindian. Don't accidentally count me twice.))

((He's about the only person I could see who would be, seeing as we don't have a monarch or a PM for him to contend with, so I'd say so.))

((I agree. Without another obvious position high up in government to serve as head of state, I'd only assume that the Chancellor would assume the position. I imagine it's like the current US where the president is both the head of state and government. Perhaps we could pass some constitutional amendment at some point to flesh out the issue.))

((I agree. Without another obvious position high up in government to serve as head of state, I'd only assume that the Chancellor would assume the position. I imagine it's like the current US where the president is both the head of state and government. Perhaps we could pass some constitutional amendment at some point to flesh out the issue.))

((Or maybe have a president of some sort, to be like the head of state, and then the Channelor is the head of government.))

((Or maybe have a president of some sort, to be like the head of state, and then the Channelor is the head of government.))

((We could always try something similar to Weimar Germany where a president is elected seperately (probably chosen by all members of the AAR) and would have specific constitutional powers, while the Chancellor would still be the representative of the largest party and retain most of the powers he has already. Ideally it would work much better than it did in real life. Watch out for those fascists. :p))

On behalf of the Ministry of Fininace I will announce no changes to current fininace policy
((We could always try something similar to Weimar Germany where a president is elected seperately (probably chosen by all members of the AAR) and would have specific constitutional powers, while the Chancellor would still be the representative of the largest party and retain most of the powers he has already. Ideally it would work much better than it did in real life. Watch out for those fascists. :p))
((Yea I have been slowly fleshing out a system like that it is not an easy thing to strike the right balance of power between the Chancellor and the President so that they both have enough power to be interesting.))