• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(63182)

Recruit
Dec 1, 2006
Hello,
not sure if this is the right place to post my questions, but I couldn't find any specific location for general issues like these, so here I go:

1. Can I stop the camera from moving around during resolution phase? It confuses me a lot.
2. Can I turn off the awfully ugly heads popping up at most every move/resolution phase? They're annoying.
3. Can I turn off the "shininess" of the board? I can't see what my sea movement options are because the board is completely white and the selection is, you guessed it, white.
4. Panning the view/changing the viewing angle isn't smooth - the screen freezes quite a lot, as if it were snapping to invisible lines. Can this be turned off?

All in all, it looks like some shoddy interface work from Paradox, quite amazing given their record :(

Have you installed the 1.3 patch? That should fix 3. and 4. I think.

2. is turned off with an option called Fast Resolve or something like that, can't quite remember.

2. Is easy to turn off and evenyone does it. When playing MP, which is the only real way of playing this game, everyone has avarats turned off and imidiate resolve on. Look for settings and preferences (I belive its name was) to do this, I'm not entierly sure where you find this outside an acctuall game but in the gmae it is on the menu. Do some clicking and you will hopefully find it. If you don't, ask again and I'll search for it for you.

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick answers!

AndrewT: Yes, I installed the latest patch. I use Windows XP Home Edition SP2 on an AMD Sempron 3000+ 1.81 Ghz, 1 GB RAM, GeForce 6600 256 MB.

Snake: In the game's menus, the Settings do not contain any game-related options; however, when playing a Single game, the Preferences menu contain two options that helped me somewhat:
- Orthonormal Top Down View looks like the least confusing way to play, partially solves points 3 and 4
- Immediate Resolve seems to be the solution to point 2

I found another annoying bug - when I try to change the speed settings (scroll, rotation, zoom, mouse) nothing happens - the game acts exactly the same. It's like the settings haven't changed at all, even if the positions of the speed settings' bars markers have changed.

Also, when using the Orthonormal Top Down View, the board simply vanishes from time to time - I have to go back to Preferences and switch on/off the Top Down View selection to make it reappear.

Maybe this info will help for future patches...

Orthonormal Top Down View is not perfect, so i do not use it as I am used to quickly chance to a better angle if my current is bad. Getting one that is not white is for me peace a cake. What you find under settings is turning off avartar, which I have found to be in my way. But when you think about it they might help when only being there during negotation and not the resolve. Hmmm.

Imidiate resulotion solves both 1 and 2, but I think you noticed that.

The point 4. either you are excpecting too much or your version behaives in a way I have never heard of before. Hoppe it works out.