• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Apr 16, 2012
Hi guys...i like simulation type games more than your avg RTs..but this does not mean i am good at them..so i got some very basic question..some of you might find them noobish so please go easy on m :p

1. How to detect enemy fighters?? i have tried turning on my radars, altitude but for some reason they always get to shoot down my posideon's and my fighters are not able to detect them, and when they do detect them..i am like hmm wth they were extremely near to enemy fighter...

2. Is there any way to shoot down enemy missiles?? i remember in Janes fleet command it was possible...

3. how to make sub not Launch all missles at enemy base?? like i order mine to fire at enemy base and it launched all 11 tomahaks..

thanks
Helljumper

Hello Helljumper,

1. Stealth fighters are hard to detect on radar. Often IR (short range) is the best way to detect stealth fighters, which needs fighters patrolling the area.

2. Anti-ship/land missiles can be shot down like any other units. If you go to Settings panel and set "Fire on all cleared targets" it will happen automatically. AA/SAMs cannot be shot down.

3. A bit more tricky, since destroying the airfield will require all your Tomahawks and more. You can fire bearing only to a point just beyond the airfield. Then Minimal attack is 1, Normal is 2, Overkill is 4 missiles.

thanks for your reply..

1. i will rechek what fighters i was talking about but if i am not wrong i had F-35s in air and enemy had Sukhoi Su-50..i a, not sure if they are stealth or not...but once detected they were easy to take down..

2. got it

3. ahan/...i will have to do more practice with that then..as i pressed 3 times on the enemy airbase thinking to launch 3 tomahawks but it went wrong way...overkill i guess :D

Except that helos are dead so fast if the fighters decide to kill them. But, sure, if you have some spare helos you can use them as bait. But you write that letter to the pilot's family!

hehehe...(i will completely deny their existence as they were running black ops mission :p)

on serious note..i have noticed that if helis are running at very low altitude then enemy fighters ignore engaging them..is it normal??

Sukhoi 50 is probably going to be the toughest adversary for the F-22 more than the current Chinese prototype of their own stealth fighter.

I wonder with F-22 production stopped US is going to be short handed in air superiority fighter.

I thought they were going to cancel the F-35 since I read the aircraft turned out to be underperforming. Guess we'll see how good or bad the F-35 is going to be.

But for pure maneuverability give me the Su-35 boy that plane can literally flip in the air and almost able to rotates.....really a fine display of air ballet dancing. Almost too beautiful for combat.

Is there F-16 in game. I'd think F-16 (later advanced variants) would still be in widespread use. That plane is probably the most versatile and economic fighter ever built. It looks great too.

Last edited:
We don't have the F-16, no. Probably also a good candidate for DLCing.

Ah i hope DLC would offer more than just units :p. In my personal opinion the bigger the DLC is the more they are worth it.

F-16, F-15, SU-35 and many other units can be brought up in a DLC...who knows you might even go for a new faction..

Asian Alliance... (CHina leading naval power, supported by navy from Japan, korea, Pakistan)

China well I really hope they'll come in NWAC II or as standalone expansion.

Ah i hope DLC would offer more than just units :p. In my personal opinion the bigger the DLC is the more they are worth it.

China well I really hope they'll come in NWAC II or as standalone expansion.

agreed..cause by 2030 China will be on massive war giant... so we can easily have a new faction with lots of its own units plus units from other smaller asian countries... new campaign :)

agreed..cause by 2030 China will be on massive war giant... so we can easily have a new faction with lots of its own units plus units from other smaller asian countries... new campaign :)

Yeah and judging by how the Chinese have been handling their disputes well intimidation is the word,

East and South China sea are probably going to see action soon enough. South specially. Taiwan is warming to China afterall. When u are rich u gain a lot of friends.

Yeah and judging by how the Chinese have been handling their disputes well intimidation is the word,

East and South China sea are probably going to see action soon enough. South specially. Taiwan is warming to China afterall. When u are rich u gain a lot of friends.

yup thats why i said we can have a new campaign.. cause i am sure when things get hot in these parts then all nations like Korea, Japan, India, Pakistan will get involved.. can be a good scenario for a new expansion :)