• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Hydra01

First Lieutenant
123 Badges
May 14, 2011
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 - Second Wave
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 -  Back to Hell
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • BATTLETECH
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Victoria 2
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
On the one hand I have 5 popups on the side of my screen as the UK saying all my naval bases are low and very low on supply and that my ships are taking penalties. When I mouse over them though there are no visible penalties and when I mouse over the naval bases that supply them it says they have 0 supply demand. I have literally no idea if my ships are supplied or not as the tooltips appear to be contradictory.

Reactions:
On the one hand I have 5 popups on the side of my screen as the UK saying all my naval bases are low and very low on supply and that my ships are taking penalties. When I mouse over them though there are no visible penalties and when I mouse over the naval bases that supply them it says they have 0 supply demand. I have literally no idea if my ships are supplied or not as the tooltips appear to be contradictory.
Go put a unit next to the base, and then you'll see that if you have a ton of ships, the game won't feed enough supply to the area with the base, even if there's tons of supply available. Mouse over the ship groups as well, with Supply map on, should show for you.

Till they fix this, I've been spreading ships around the various ports a bit more.

At least I think it's a bug, not WAD.

EDIT: after further examination, it looks like the ships in port and units next to the port are sharing what the state output is, and the hub output is not being given to them. It can pass the hub output further up the line, but not to the units right there, it seems? That's the initial impression, but I'm going to go digging here and see if I can find out more. Initial examples:

(Fresh load of Italy, checksum load, graphic/music mods only, nothing that could affect supply. I can duplicate this with no mods at all as well.)
LaSpezia_Province_Supply.PNG
First pic: This shows the La Spezia province supply at 2.6, and hub supply as 8.16. Note the 2.6, will be important.
ShipGroup1LaSpezia.PNGSubsLaSpezia.PNG
Two ship groups, note that they want more supply, *but*, they're only getting what the *state* can supply, not what the hub can supply on top of that. (2.23+0.37=2.60)

I think that's a bug.
LaSpezia_addCav.PNG
If I add this Cavalry unit from the next province over, it further dilutes the 'state supply' pool, and once again, *does not* get supply out of the supply base pool, And yes, total supply given to the ships plus the cavalry = 2.60 after moving the cavalry in.
AirSupply.PNG
On the other hand, note that the air base explicitly shows that it is getting state supply *and* hub supply, so it's happy.

Go mouse over your ship groups, and your units and see if they're getting supply from the state only, or from the hub, too. Looks like it will kick total supply on down the road, but state supply isn't getting computed right, or something isn't right.

EDIT2: More supporting data in bug-fix forum post at https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...if-fleet-is-based-there.1499205/post-27918861

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Okay thanks for the info and the tips. Yea this definitely has to be a bug. Hope it gets fixed soon.
I found a bug report in the forum that was similar so I added my research to it, and added more.

Bottom line: Problem is triggered by ship presence. A unit can be in a province of a state, and will draw state PLUS hub supply if needed, unless/until a ship pulls into port. Once a ship is in port, supply in THAT PROVINCE will not come from the hub, only from the state. If the state supply is not enough, the ships/divisions in that province will get shorted. Province next to the port? No problem, hub will top off supply if needed. Move ships out of port, ground units get hub supply to top off as well. May be affected slightly, depending if ships out of port are still being supplied by port.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I've also added a link to this discussion for my bug report here which seems to be related to it. Though I'm not sure to what degree.

Very painful for Japan too, doesn't seem to act in a rational way for supply distribution (hey, if I stand the garrison next to the port, we have a much better supply situation than if I stand it in the port) and makes it extremely difficult to actually find enough places to divide your ships up into to keep them supplied.

• 1Like
Reactions: