Snowfall patch notes (1.3.0) & release information

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I want to download the update, but I'm going to hold off until Traffic++ is update. I cannot function without the pedestrian paths which I can place buildings on.

If you mean the original and not the v2 (being worked on by the next folks),you may be waiting a long time.

Well damn. I'm guessing V2 won't compatible with cities made using the original?

From what I read it sounds like it will be at least partially compatible, but you'll have to wait and see.

I kinda don't feel like having to redo half my city.

A city with a mayor with such attitude issues is always going to have issues, lol.

It lists "Small fixes for numerous buildings", so... maybe?
The corner building problem appears to have been fixed. I spawned a number of different corner buildings that I know were turned backwards before, and now they are oriented correctly, so it seems they've been corrected. I'm really glad to see that problem solved.

Nah.

- Yes, schools and commercial areas are open during night, but imagine they would not in the vanilla game: As the day / night cycle is kinda fast barely any cims would arrive at school, so no workers would be created on a "normal" way (yes, I know, the engine would simply skip school and force the cims to be workers). Only slowing down the cycle would make sense in addition to this

- I don't think they are "stupid", but again I think the time system is the thing that causes havoc. If cims would not live the same lenght and would grow older with way less speed you would not have so many people dying while the hearse travels to it's initial destination (10 deaths during a 1 minute drive is kinda heavy). That's also the reason a hearse can hold unrealistic 10 bodies instead of one as it's the only way to keep it controllable at some point. Ambulances... well, I don't see them often in my cities, only when something is too loud, but as I stated in another thread I'd like to see that people die in an hospital and get ill before. Only few people die at home or in an commercial area.

- How often do you adjust both values? I'm fine with that. I think that's a really low priority for most people ;)

- I think that the tourism fix is also a kind of finance-related fix / tweak.

Also I'm sure some modder *cough boformer cough BloodyPenguin cough PropaneDragon cough* will be able to do seasons by time :)

Still important is that those modders got the base to do so - without the addition of snow, rain and temperatures to the main game it would be a pain of work to create such mods.
There is a mod that slows down the time....I use it at a quarter speed and the days and nights are very long
I love this game and play it everyday
Cheers

Now you're just being lazy.
I skimmed the article since you can't be bothered to quote anything relevant and found pretty much the same thing you see everywhere else: Primary healthcare at local doctors, secondary at hospitals, and stuff like physical and occupational therapy is mostly unconnected and privatized. I saw no mention of saunas.

I am not saying it's not good for your health or that it can't or won't be subsidized by the healthcare system, but no commercial saunas and a bunch of government saunas seems extremely backwards.

Again, it seems like a weird inclusion, but again, C;S and other city builders have always seemed to have a couple things you'd never see the government being the sole or even primary provider of.

There is a mod that slows down the time....I use it at a quarter speed and the days and nights are very long
I love this game and play it everyday
Cheers
does it just slow down the entire game or does it change the passage of time without actually affecting the simulation as a whole?
if it just slows the simulation down, that hardly seems like a solution, sine problems crop up regardless of game speed.

That would break mods even further. We've looked at this solution several times and it's just not plausible.

Don't give us that Moo. It's perfectly possible to do, as every single of Paradox's own games with Workshop support have shown thus far... :p

traffic++ will not be updated in its present form as the dev has apparently abandoned it, check out
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=478820060

That's not the whole truth though - Someone else has already picked the torch back up with a "spinoff" mod that does the same. I think it's called V2 or somesuch. Should be easy to find on the workshop.

Don't give us that Moo. It's perfectly possible to do, as every single of Paradox's own games with Workshop support have shown thus far... :p

That's not the whole truth though - Someone else has already picked the torch back up with a "spinoff" mod that does the same. I think it's called V2 or somesuch. Should be easy to find on the workshop.

aye, http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=626024868

and it looks like they'll maintain it.