• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TastyDonut

Recruit
15 Badges
Apr 10, 2020
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Necroids
Now the following problem is something my friend is experiencing (We will be referring to him as Player2).

I am currently running a weekly game with 6 other people, with all DLCs. Everything has been going fluently in the first couple games, until one day, Player2 wasn't able to hot join request at all.

First time this happened, Player2, tried first to:
  • View integrity of files
  • Disable Firewall
  • Redownload the game
Which none of these worked. But we soon came to realise that there was a stuck download (Downloading, with 0 B/s) in the mods tab, even though he had disabled all mods. This fixed the problem for that session, and he joined succesfully, with a good save file transfer speed (1-3 minutes).

Now the second time the problem accured, which is after the succesful fix from last time, Player 2, tried to (PC was restarted in almost every test) :
  • Unsubscribe from all mods
  • View integrity of all files
  • Delete game cache
  • Reinstalled Stellaris
  • Removed everything Stellaris related from firewall, and reinstall Stellaris (This fixed the Hot joining request problem)
  • High prioritisation for stellariss in task manager
  • Opened all firewall ports, even specifically for stellaris
  • Opened UDP and TCP ports inside the firewall itself for stellaris
  • Opened UDP and TCP ports on the router itself for stellaris
  • Tested on both SSD and HDD
Player2 was now able to join the game, but with a 10-15 minutes waiting time on the save file transfer. Which occurs everytime he tries to join. We also tested with other people hosting, same problem for Player2. When Player2 hosted, Nobody was able to join him.

Anyone know what the issue perhaps could be? And how to fix it?

Specs:
  • Intel core i7 6700k, 4 GHz
  • GTX 1080 4 GB
  • 16 gb DDR4 RAM
  • 1 TB HDD
  • 500 GB SSD intel Raid 0

well if those are player 2's specs for their pc they should be fine

this sounds like a slew of different problems hitting them at once and i'm not 100% sure if they can all be fixed

have you all tried going to different beta versions of the game to see if maybe one of those holds some respite from this mess?

outside of that your friend would likely need to make a post in the tech help area of this forum
detailing the problem (as you have listed here) with everything that has been done in an attempt to fix it

the mods who watch that area will likely have questions/suggestions to help narrow down the problem (hopefully)

well if those are player 2's specs for their pc they should be fine

this sounds like a slew of different problems hitting them at once and i'm not 100% sure if they can all be fixed

have you all tried going to different beta versions of the game to see if maybe one of those holds some respite from this mess?

outside of that your friend would likely need to make a post in the tech help area of this forum
detailing the problem (as you have listed here) with everything that has been done in an attempt to fix it

the mods who watch that area will likely have questions/suggestions to help narrow down the problem (hopefully)

We haven't tried to go to another version, no, will try that later today. But I will tell him to post on the tech area forum. Thanks for your answer :)

Using a VPN and being on the same private network (RFC1918) actually seems to have a significant effect with save transfer. We are pretty sure it's not a placebo effect.

Last edited: