Since Royal Edition content pass ends with Fate of Iberia, will there be any new season pass for future DLC?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I got the pass to support Paradox, not because I'm a fan of the DLC system. I'll probably buy every bit of CKIII DLC regardless because it is such a unique game. So if there is any way to save on that I'll take it.

Development time doesn't bother me, I'm not terminally ill and I have enough other stuff to worry about in the meantime. I'd rather get something really good after a really long time, like Royal Court.

• 2Haha
Reactions:
I got the pass to support Paradox, not because I'm a fan of the DLC system. I'll probably buy every bit of CKIII DLC regardless because it is such a unique game. So if there is any way to save on that I'll take it.

Development time doesn't bother me, I'm not terminally ill and I have enough other stuff to worry about in the meantime. I'd rather get something really good after a really long time, like Royal Court.
I agree with every one of your words except for the last three. ;)

I think Royal Court was a missed opportunity that spent most of the resources and delved in an area where Paradox expertise was nil (3D environments) that per se adds nothing to the game. The accompanying splendor game mechanic is bland and totally unbalanced unless you go painting the map, forming a very large polity. The item system is standard fare, fortunately not unbalanced as splendor, at least for those who don't game the game.
The real value of the DLC is the culture system but asking 30€ for it seems far, far, too high a price to pay for those who didn't buy the Royal Edition (not my case).

Fortunately, it seems Paradox learned the lesson and Fate of Iberia presents a very well designed Struggle system that adds a ton of gameplay, flavour and future content (be it from paradox or modders) to different parts of the map.

Reactions:

I think Royal Court was a missed opportunity that spent most of the resources and delved in an area where Paradox expertise was nil (3D environments) that per se adds nothing to the game. The accompanying splendor game mechanic is bland and totally unbalanced unless you go painting the map, forming a very large polity. The item system is standard fare, fortunately not unbalanced as splendor, at least for those who don't game the game.
The real value of the DLC is the culture system but asking 30€ for it seems far, far, too high a price to pay for those who didn't buy the Royal Edition (not my case).

Fortunately, it seems Paradox learned the lesson and Fate of Iberia presents a very well designed Struggle system that adds a ton of gameplay, flavour and future content (be it from paradox or modders) to different parts of the map.
Definitely a missed opportunity. When it was unveiled, I was completely underwhelmed, and after playing it, much of the same sentiment. However, I really do see what they were going for. You have characters and then you have a flat map. They wanted to bridge the gap but didn't really accomplish it. Courts are basically static scenes you can't do much with besides look at from awkward angles. RC was a perfect opportunity to build out an internal political/court intrigue system of some kind, a place where you can get to know characters more intimately. As it stands, virtually all of them don't connect with the player, they exist, then die 95% of the time, leaving no impact on the world whatsoever. The holding court 'feature' is also lame and after the initial 2-3 times I just ignore it now. Same goes for the artifact models - extremely limited and uninteresting.

Oh well.

Back to the 'seasonal passes' stuff though. On further consideration, I would perhaps buy another, with one crucial caveat - they reveal what the contents will be as soon as they start accepting money. Details aren't necessary but general motifs would do.

"This pass will include flavour for the Steppes, Tibet and an expansion on governmental systems."

That would sell me.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I would really like a Season Pass (2 Flavor and one Major Pack) that is a bit cheaper than the Packs together, but I would like a bit of a Glimpse before buying it blindly.

Like stating the rough areas that the packs hanlde. For example if I know that the next 3 packs are a Persian Flavour Pack, a Governmental Overhaul (with Nomands, Imperialism and Republics) and In-Depth Politics Major Pack and a Brythonic Flavour Pack. Hell Yeah, I am taking that immediatly. But if the packs would be less interesting (Say Sunset Invasion 2: Electric Boogaloo) or only have one interesting pack I would be more hesitant how these turn out before buying it.

Reactions:

Had the bear event again today and was reminded how that wasn't ever added as an actual model so the text and models don't line up properly