• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Darrian77

Recruit
32 Badges
Jan 11, 2015
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
Heya. So I've been working on a mod that adds a new religion and several cultures to the game. I've been editing the histories to make said religion and cultures appear in the appropriate places based on the date, however I've hit a snag when trying to apply my changes to the character history. For example I only want to apply the religion to Irish characters up to 1172. But the only method I can think of to do this is individually find every character that existed before that point and change it from Catholicism....out of a list of a ton of characters. Is there another way I can go about implementing the change?

Heya. So I've been working on a mod that adds a new religion and several cultures to the game. I've been editing the histories to make said religion and cultures appear in the appropriate places based on the date, however I've hit a snag when trying to apply my changes to the character history. For example I only want to apply the religion to Irish characters up to 1172. But the only method I can think of to do this is individually find every character that existed before that point and change it from Catholicism....out of a list of a ton of characters. Is there another way I can go about implementing the change?
You could do an on start up event to forcibly convert characters of irish culture up until 1172, you can even set it up do do it purely those in a specific region if you just want those in Ireland itself to do that.

For an example to look at, the mod ‘A Roman Perspective’ does this exact thing to convert all Catholic to Orthodox for everyone before the great schism.