• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TheMax85

First Lieutenant
14 Badges
Jul 10, 2023
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
I want to play, not to do maths.

1699527233556.png

• 5Like
Reactions:
I totally agree. The income per hour is irrelevant. I'd love to see a rounded number instead of the arrow, showing +170k according to your example.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Yes, especially as the hourly numer is jumping up and down very often and drastic. In my city it sometimes jumps between -3000 and +12.000. I have observed that it stabalizes when i dont build anything. As if the hourly amount considers how much I am building per hour...

• 2Like
Reactions:
Yeah I think this may be misleading some of the players, so it is best to have consistent units. A toggle could help here.

Strong agree with this. I am tempted to file it as a bug actually... but maybe this will suffice. You can do the maths to work it out (monthly/24 => hourly), but buildings present their upkeep costs monthly and it seems like everything else in the game except the constant time display is monthly. It's weird.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Strong agree with this. I am tempted to file it as a bug actually... but maybe this will suffice. You can do the maths to work it out (monthly/24 => hourly), but buildings present their upkeep costs monthly and it seems like everything else in the game except the constant time display is monthly. It's weird.

As a bug Report it will be marked “as designed” for sure. Keep upvoting this one. Maybe it has effect. I think this confusion was the reason for this silly arrow instead of numbers. It hides how confusing this hourly info is.

Strong upvote, definitely something I'd like to see and it doesn't even sound very hard so hopefully it'll be implemented.
Hourly rates have some importance - it's how the game works after all, with expenditures and profits being deducted and added by the hour and not by the month. But the overall monetary status should be reflected in a streamlined display, we shouldn't have to calculate these stats by hand.