• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

trihero1

Sergeant
7 Badges
Nov 17, 2020
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Crusader Kings III
I came across a seeming contradiction:

If you have multiple of the same exploration site (in oathbound campaign, I captured 3 psi shrines in one colony), the bonus does not stack. I only get +2 psi reistance once, not for a total of 6.

But, if you have multiple of the same landmark, the bonuses will stack. I.e. if you have 2 shielding labs and build them, the bonus will stack.

Is it intended that exploration sites don't stack, but landmarks do?

And by the way, even if it intended that landmarks stack, this is not reflected in the description of your colony (where it lists all the production bonuses). I had 2 heavy duty plants and it said +1 armor per rank, but when I actually built the unit I saw that it had +2 per rank, so that's a tooltip error, if stacking is intended, and if stacking is not intended then the end result is wrong.

Reactions:
I am not sure how it is supposed to happen, but either way there seems to be a bug in this whole process that I would report.

That would be absolutely crazy if it did. Could you imagine having two Promethian forges? On a tier 4 unit, that would be 4 armor each, plus T5 well-built. That means your T4 units would start with what... 16 armor? 4+4+2+6? That does not include shields or mods. That would be amazingly stupid.

That would be absolutely crazy if it did. Could you imagine having two Promethian forges? On a tier 4 unit, that would be 4 armor each, plus T5 well-built. That means your T4 units would start with what... 16 armor? 4+4+2+6? That does not include shields or mods. That would be amazingly stupid.

Not sure there is that much difference between 14 armor and 16 armor.

I came across a seeming contradiction:

If you have multiple of the same exploration site (in oathbound campaign, I captured 3 psi shrines in one colony), the bonus does not stack. I only get +2 psi reistance once, not for a total of 6.

But, if you have multiple of the same landmark, the bonuses will stack. I.e. if you have 2 shielding labs and build them, the bonus will stack.

Is it intended that exploration sites don't stack, but landmarks do?

And by the way, even if it intended that landmarks stack, this is not reflected in the description of your colony (where it lists all the production bonuses). I had 2 heavy duty plants and it said +1 armor per rank, but when I actually built the unit I saw that it had +2 per rank, so that's a tooltip error, if stacking is intended, and if stacking is not intended then the end result is wrong.

Noticed the same thing as well for a Light unit shield bump, wasn't sure whether it was a bug or a feature.

Not sure there is that much difference between 14 armor and 16 armor.
Well, 16 has the same protection as 12 after "bypasses up to 4 armor" is in effect.

Diminishing returns are already worked into the Armor Formula, IIRC. I would need to look what the Formula even was right now.

Well, 16 has the same protection as 12 after "bypasses up to 4 armor" is in effect.

Diminishing returns are already worked into the Armor Formula, IIRC. I would need to look what the Formula even was right now.

Oops, misread, thought it was 2 each. Promethean Forges are really rare, right? I have only run into dupes once or twice, and they were for relatively minor bumps.