Should armies fight in one provinces like EU4 or across two provinces like HoI4?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That would definitely be far more accurate and closer to history, but the only problem is that it could be fairly micro-intensive. I was thinking slider because that takes far less time and effort, but this would have some advantages as well.
I can understand that. I'm kind of assuming there'll have to be some mild HoI4 style army automation so it doesn't worry me too much in this case. But we need to wait to see how the games war and battle systems will actually develop to know which solutions make more sense than others.

One aspect I like about your idea is the possibility of removing units from the map which is likely to be good on performance. Once we have more details on the strengths and weaknesses in the vicky 2 system I think it'll be more clear how to tackle this issue.

This whole thread topic has me really curious for what the devs are up to. It's such a big unknown I can't wait to see what happens!

• 1Like
Reactions: