• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

wolfman3000

Recruit
Jul 11, 2020
I was playing a Mission with a Half Skull. I had some Tanks and maybe three Mechs. All Light.

After i was targeting the Mechpilot, who was the first Target, i was shocked.

She had a 100 Tons Mech.

With one Shoot she has Terminated my Light Scout Mech.
I hate it that i can only buy a Piece of a Mech in the Shop.

My Depot is allmoust full. And only light Mech. I hoped that i can sell them for at least a Million. But it is a hard work. The different Versions of the Mechs are giving me a Headacke.

Well, that sounds pretty unreasonable ... :oops:

However, it is possible to buy entire 'Mechs in the store at some locations - but it's much more expensive to buy an entire 'Mech than to only buy parts.

I was playing a Mission with a Half Skull. I had some Tanks and maybe three Mechs. All Light.

After i was targeting the Mechpilot, who was the first Target, i was shocked.

She had a 100 Tons Mech.

With one Shoot she has Terminated my Light Scout Mech.
There are a couple of low-skull missions which have assault 'Mechs (80 - 100 tons) in them, "Clash of Titans" and "Titan Attack" are two variants of those.

A light 'Mech's best defense against an assault 'Mech is to keep evasion as high as possible, i.e. to move as much as possible every turn. "Speed is Life", as the old light 'Mech pilot mantra goes :)
I hate it that i can only buy a Piece of a Mech in the Shop.
You should be able to find complete 'Mechs in the stores too, but they are actually much more expensive than buying the pieces and assembling them yourself (unless you're running with 8 pieces of salvage per 'Mech, then it's cheaper to buy whole 'Mechs - and much, much quicker).
The different Versions of the Mechs are giving me a Headacke.
It's sometimes a hassle to have three missing-a-single-part 'Mechs chassis, only different variants, yes. It does make it that much sweeter once you get the final part though :)

• 3Like
Reactions:
Not sure I’ve ever gotten what the OP saw, but I did get a HGN once who only had a Jenner as backup. I was still running medium and light mechs, but did have a HBG-4G, reserved everything until Phase 1 and made him break cover then took a chance, stepped in close and gave him a head shot with the AC20. It worked and my missions got a LOT easier afterwards.

My experience is that ECs are important, but controlling LOS is key. If you can do that you can use your reserve ability to let him move then move and take a shot. You then move back out of LOS in the next round before he moves. That also seems to drive the AI crazy and it doesn’t know what to do sometimes other than just stand around and take it. JJs can help with that too.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Honestly, i like these Assault Mech low skull missions.
Assaults are so immobile and have such a low inititive that you can totally exploit the initiative mechanic and never let them hit you.
Also in this Missions they may fight each other so you can stand back and kill off the survivor.
In one game i got a Banshee that way bcs it was 2 Banshees fighting each other - it was so easy i refused to use it bcs it felt like cheating.
The Banshee sucks but as Punching Ball it makes a good job.

PS: I have set the Mechparts to build a Mech to 8 and i got 9 or ten Banshee parts.

Now i had more Nervs.
It doesent matter what Tonnage the Mechpilot has.
As soon i make more than enough Damage to the Pilot.
Now i got 1/3 100 T Mech.
I hope i can take some Wrecks of the Locust, and then sell it.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Flank attack one side until you hit ammo in the torso or knock off a leg. Assault mechs are even slower on one leg. Concentrate on the torso that stores the ammo. An ammo explosion takes off the torso and the arm. Their firepower is greatly reduced after that.

I got to salvage an entire Battlemaster out of one of these missions before, since I took full salvage. It was one of those missions where the enemy force was given half armor and the Panther I had put its PPC straight into the head...on the first shot.

It was a nice day all around after that. :cool: